Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys new member here. Just had my engine built waiting to throw it on dyno!
I have 69 351W block stroked to 408 with a RPM forged internal balance crank, forged h-beams, with forged flat top Carrillo pistons. I’m running 58cc AFR 220s and a super Vic intake. Don’t have a custom carb ordered yet but going to use a 850 demon to do break in and initial dyno run. Engine is 12.6:1 compression and gonna be run on Sunoco 112. I had cam research grind me a cam .695/.695 lift 262/270 106degree. I hope to be in the 600+hp range then eventually spray 150 shot later on. Engine is going in a 70 mustang coupe that I’m building for track use! Thanks guys hope to hear what y’all think

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
600 hp should be no problem 650 plus would be my guess. Bigger carb needed.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Nice build. Toss that demon carb in the dumpster and use something else. Does the dyno guy not have any good race carbs? You're Going to be better off waiting till you get the correct carb for that motor, why dyno then put something else on only to try to tune by the seat of your pants in the car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Good luck with the build.
Why so much hate on the demon carbs? My brother has one that works really good with his combo. Were there issues with all or just some?
I've always had Holleys or someone's rework of a Holley.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
only demons ive come across where complete garbage

sounds like a fun build....in for pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice build. Toss that demon carb in the dumpster and use something else. Does the dyno guy not have any good race carbs? You're Going to be better off waiting till you get the correct carb for that motor, why dyno then put something else on only to try to tune by the seat of your pants in the car. Just my opinion.
yea pretty much haha, I called quickfuel and AED they both recommended a 950cfm. Do you think I should get an off the shelf quickfuel 950 or have them custom make me a 950 for my application?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,536 Posts
The block is on borrowed time at the hp level and the NOS will probably finish it .

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have been very happy with my AED and the support is outstanding!

I am running a 950cfm AED that they built for me a few years back. Had them make some fuel curve modifications this past winter for the oxygenated fuel I am running and it is even better. AED 950HOM carb- The venturi on this measures 1.425” with a 1.750 baseplate. Real world this thing flows around 860 cfm wet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts