Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine is hurting and pushes his lt1 camaro off o n me, 355, cs306 cam, edelbrock heads,edelbrock manifold,long tubes, true duals, 175 shot, 9in with a 3.90 ish gear and a 6 speed. What do you guys think this thing should run first 4th gen car for me and I got it stupid cheap. Thanks for any input.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Yep, what he said.

Those cams sure sounds healthy. Its been a while since ive heard one, but man they're wild.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to try to hit the track on Friday, I got it with 225pills in it but I backed it down until I can pull pan to see what's really there. I'm going to ditch the 6speed, how does a turbo 350 work out with the ecu???

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I could post pics, its got some ss wheels and a fresh sunburst Orange paint job. Not bad for 1800 I guess

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is a 97 z28. Dug into the car some more today, found msd box, separate start/retard box, spohn torque arm, vfn hood, mezerie water pump. How do I tell what injectors I have?? Thanks for all the imput guys this is night and day from a fox body!!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is suppost to be the Orange color the ss came in, im color blind so that doesn't help, its not a top dollar paint job but its not bad. How many post do I have to have before.I can post a pic

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Okay since it's an OBDII car you can find tuning software for it.

I think you can pull the 6 speed and run a TH400 without any real issues. We use to flash 4L60E car pcm's over to 6 speed programs back in the day.

A TH400 fits no problem in there, I've run them twice myself. I wouldn't spend money on a TH350 I'd go TH400.

·
Registered
113 Posts
depends, I would get different heads on it for sure and take weight out of it....low 11s should be EASY on MOTOR.
T56 goes for about $1500 usually.
the LT1 OBDII software is expensive, I would get a OBDI PCM and you can find tuning software for cheap.

have fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts