Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,971 Posts
401 hp

464 ft. lbs of torque

Those seem to be great numbers for a GM product.

key words: "for a GM product"

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
:)

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
Its not an all new engine, its a displacement bump from the already existing 6.2 liter. Since GM already makes a 7 liter based on the same engine, pulling a 6.6 liter out of their ass is kind of stupid.
Also, Jeff Smith does'nt know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Cum Nut's daughter is a lesbian whore.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
That's actually pretty good - 491/464. The 5.0 Coyote only makes 420 lbs./ft. torque.

I expect the Ford 7.3 to make 420 to 430HP and between 520 and 530 torque.

Good times for hot Rodgers of all stripes!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Re: New GM L8T 6.6L Ford 7.3 killer

Obviously you didn't read the whole article. Forged crank and rods, Room to bore it out and also has a low compression and a tow cam not a performance cam, Sounds like it has a lot of potential to me.
Read the article on this engine a few weeks ago, and again yesterday. The power output “stock” is nothing to write home about. As far as hard parts, I wouldn’t say that this 6.6 gasser has any edge over the 7.3 other than aftermarket parts already in place. Same basic design for 20+ years now

·
Registered
25,433 Posts
Yes and who exactly were the wunderkind in mktg that tagged the engine w "LATE" ID? :smt115

FAIL!

FACT! :p

·
Registered
17,838 Posts
We've all become very jaded......400hp small block that can be found in a truck.......and we turn our noses up.....damn.
For the record, I'm just as guilty.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
We've all become very jaded......400hp small block that can be found in a truck.......and we turn our noses up.....damn.
For the record, I'm just as guilty.
You are right on that. I can remember the days that if you made over 300hp you had a pretty bad street car.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,971 Posts
You are right on that. I can remember the days that if you made over 300hp you had a pretty bad street car.
^ this.

A 300 HP Cobra was big news in 1996.

15 years later in 2011 Ford brings out a lowly base model Mustang with a N/A 3.7 Liter 6 banger making 305 h.p. and getting 31 mpg....no turbo needed.

That v-6 2011 Mustang became the first production car in history to make over 300 hp and get over 30 mpg at the same time

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
I tried to share this article yesterday because I think it is interesting but somehow the software wouldn’t let me submit my post. This has happened several times now and I think it’s real detrimental because my posts are so thoughtful and brilliant that you all are robbed of real benefit when they don’t go through.

That being said the 6.6 looks pretty cool. It’ll probably be a hit. The thing I found most interesting is that in both this engine and the 7.3 Ford there is already chatter from within the bowls of their respective manufacturers about the performance potential of these engines.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its a work truck engine. I have several 6.0 trucks and they are rock solid fleet engines, everybody uses them (Isuzu, UPS). Our trucks never go past 3000 rpm working, and I have one with 265,000 miles on it. The GM cutaway market needs a bigger engine to move motorhomes and ambulances and 4500 series trucks. Why would you reinvent the wheel when you can tweak what works.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Obviously you didn't read the whole article. Forged crank and rods, Room to bore it out and also has a low compression and a tow cam not a performance cam, Sounds like it has a lot of potential to me.

The 7.3 Ford engine has the same potential, so the same can be said for that engine.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts