Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wired up my new electric water pump, it sounds good. just a light hum comes from it. Question is are these suppose to get warm? You can lay your hand on it but its pretty warm. Wasn't sure if the water pump motor was suppose to get hot or not?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with water, well after messing around with it some more. I think I may have the wrong water pump. The radiator was full, i fired up the engine and had the water pump and fans on. Motor got up close to 200 and I shut it down. The whole water pump is so hot its not even funny.. It acts like its froze up or somthing is blocking water flow. I'm using a danny bee belt drive with a cheap new PRW water pump. I dont think the water holes are lined up with each other on the belt drive and water pump. What water pumps is everyone using with the danny bee belt drive. SBF 351w block.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Make sure you have bled the air out of the system above the pump somewhere. Sounds like its air locked and not pumping. That would explain the pump getting warmer than normal also. Crack something loose while its running, I have to do that to mine every time I drain the system.

·
Beyond old
4,302 Posts
Low voltage?
Running backwards?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought maybe it was running backwards also, but its got red and black wire. can these wires be switched to run either way? I hooked red to hot black to ground, but its possible there not right in the water pump from being built. Anyway to tell if it's spinning backwards?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the problem, was a few things actually. I don't have the alternator hooked up yet, was only pushing 9-10 volts when the pump was kicked on, and it had air in the system. I had to crack a fitting on the intake and one on the water pump. Never ran into that before, I've always left the cap off and let it do its thing. Got it all fixed.Dumb mistakes, but thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts