Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looken for ideas on what to do about my car.i have a 2x3 frame ladder bar now that has been good but as the power level goes up so does the frontend.i just made the last pass for the year with some m5 in it,1.19 60'/5.36/127mph. it's a n/a bbf with a reid glide.2400#big tire car that i plan to put more power to next year with a big'er bbf.i know it's way faster than it should be with the chassis i have and kinda think more of my ass than i did 20yr ago so i'm gona at least have a cage upgrade.with the 2x3 frame should i do a new c/m cage and keep the ladder bars or start from the ground with a new c/m deal and a 4link?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I converter my MS 2X3 chassis from LB to a 4 link with a wishbone and ARB and it works fine. I have a friend who just dual railed a 2X3 MS chassis and plans to run 4.40s with it. Going 4.60s now on one system with two more to turn on. So you can upgrade if you want or you can spend the money and get a new chassis. Plenty of options just depends on how much work and money you want to spend.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I converter my MS 2X3 chassis from LB to a 4 link with a wishbone and ARB and it works fine. I have a friend who just dual railed a 2X3 MS chassis and plans to run 4.40s with it. Going 4.60s now on one system with two more to turn on. So you can upgrade if you want or you can spend the money and get a new chassis. Plenty of options just depends on how much work and money you want to spend.
i saw your pic's in another thread,looks good too! i did'nt know how fast a 2x3 frame would cert for.do you like the 4link over the l/b's? thanks!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
What is that car? Looks like a short narrow Mustang or is that just how the video looks? My car is certifed 7.50 plus and I'd think Steves is too. My car only runs 5.30 and the 4 link works well for me. Steve has only run his once since it got done with beefed up 4 link and dual rails. It has a 800 inch BBC with 3 guns running 10.5 and the motor will push it to 4.40s or better. I had a friend who had a 68 Camaro with LBs and it would run 4.70s at 3000 lbs on 10.5 tires. But if it was on a good track in good air it wouldn't calm down enough to get down the track and would just get too high. A well thought out 4 link just gives you lots of adjustments to combat that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is that car? Looks like a short narrow Mustang or is that just how the video looks? My car is certifed 7.50 plus and I'd think Steves is too. My car only runs 5.30 and the 4 link works well for me. Steve has only run his once since it got done with beefed up 4 link and dual rails. It has a 800 inch BBC with 3 guns running 10.5 and the motor will push it to 4.40s or better. I had a friend who had a 68 Camaro with LBs and it would run 4.70s at 3000 lbs on 10.5 tires. But if it was on a good track in good air it wouldn't calm down enough to get down the track and would just get too high. A well thought out 4 link just gives you lots of adjustments to combat that.
it's a 69 mustang,108 w/b. i have strange dbl. adj. on the back set 2clicks off tight.tried the air psi from 8,7,and 6psi worked best.i know more about lb's but i can learn 4link.lol. i went down to 4200 launch on my last pass and did best,1.19 60',struts on front are only 3"stroke and dont help with adj.thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't look like the track was as good as it normally is from the vid.
i only had trouble when i put m5 in the tank,lol. would'nt but a few cars but the track was as good as youd expect.did see a 5.05 from another door car.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I guess it must be the way I'm seeing the video that makes the car look short and narrow......LOL. The struts should be OK since the car is hooking. Are they tightened up to try and slow the front end lift? Have you tried to change the ladder bar angle to reduce the hit on the tire? I always felt and the short times showed that pinion angle mattered to LB cars I worked on. Have you checked your pinion angle? Could you lower the height of the car and drop the center of gravity? Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it must be the way I'm seeing the video that makes the car look short and narrow......LOL. The struts should be OK since the car is hooking. Are they tightened up to try and slow the front end lift? Have you tried to change the ladder bar angle to reduce the hit on the tire? I always felt and the short times showed that pinion angle mattered to LB cars I worked on. Have you checked your pinion angle? Could you lower the height of the car and drop the center of gravity? Just some thoughts.
i've did all the things you mention and got it to the point it is now.the pinion angle is 2*and the l/b's are @ about 2*down now.the best thing i ever did for it was the strange shocks i put on last year,fixed the separarion problems.last year i put the new strut frontend on and let the car down 4"in front and 3"in back and now it's about as low as i can get it.i could go back up in the back a little,thats only thing did'nt try.i thought about just looken for another car,this one works very good for what it is and would be killer for 6.0 index.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
If you raise the front of the LB it should reduce the hit and should reduce the front end lift some. You tried that? Raising the car up will just make it want to lift the front more.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you raise the front of the LB it should reduce the hit and should reduce the front end lift some. You tried that? Raising the car up will just make it want to lift the front more.
did that,did'nt realy change at all but that was before the new shocks.it's hooked up or it aint,lol,a very fine line.thanks for the info.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts