Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 96 trans am w/LT1 (355) ported and polished heads, cam, kooks stepped headers ,3600 ATI converter 350 turbo, 12 bolt w/4.10s and qa1s all around with all after market suspension bolt ons, the car has accel dfi and 9 in slicks, car was going 1.50 60 ft 6.85 8th..99mph & 10.80 1/4 ..123 on motor only, my question is I want to run a 10.5 class near my home and I am going to need extra to make it fun, I want to use a wet kit but I am faced with the problem that the motor is fairly fresh, but put back together with hypertck pistons, anybody out there got any sugesstions as to how far I should try to go with spray with these pistons?....100 , 150 , 200 or should I just leave well enough alone and build the spare motor now,instead of after I burn this one down...would like to go 6.0s or better but am I being too optimistic? Thanks in advance for all replies (good or bad)

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I sprayed close to 180hp on a stock LT-1 with no means of timing control. This was a wet nozzle infront of the t-body. The car went 14.80 on the motor and 12.20 on spray. It was a 95 impalla SS.

Maybe that will give you some ideas.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the hyper pistons will take a small hit , but if you used moly rings that is going to get you. 100 to 150 shot should be ok, IF you dont detonate, they are much more fragile and tend to break if detonated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts