Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote from another board

"I was talking with a friend of mine who was (yes, was) leading the Z28 project for GM Performance.
Tuesday morning they were outside the wind tunnel with the Z28 for a 10 am test. His boss walked up and said the project was canceled. They pushed the car back and went to a conference room for ameeting.
The Z28 package was to be the baddest of the bad, to compete with the Mustang GT500.
The "unofficial" word is that the Camaro will be made in mass as a 6 cylinder with very few V8s available at a premium price.
GM Performance division is changing gears from power to fuel economy."

·
Registered
869 Posts
Now that sucks. Even my WIFE said she wants one. But NOOOO, not now.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I saw my first Hemi Challenger yesturday at our lil dodge dealership. WOW, very nice! GM would have had to be on their game to top that. I want one

·
Registered
425 Posts
WOULDNT SURPRISE ME NONE. IMO THE CAR LOOKED LIKE ASS ANYWAY! IT REALLY DIDNT FAVOR A WHOLE LOT! I AM NO FORD GUY, BUT THEY HIT A HOME RUN WITH THE MUSTANG, THEN MOTHER MOPAR HIT A GRAND SLAM WITH THE CALLANGER! CANT WAIT TILL MINE GETS HERE!

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pony war's will have to go on without the general!
Looks like they will still make it (Lutz said a long time ago the money was already spent on making it)
BUT if it doesn't crack 80K in the first year (and that might not happen) it could be nixed.

Fuck em anyway..they went after 350Z, 3-series BMW coupe and G35 Coupe buyers with that abortion of a Camaro anyway..killing the supercharged version further proves that.

Thing GM keeps forgetting is those buyers fucking hate GM and wouldn't buy it if they even liked it!!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I hope it does die. That car is flat out BUTT UGLY. I thought it was a mistake from the get go, not to mention they took WAY too long developing it. That or they leaked the development and release WAY too soon.

Either way, won't hurt my feelings any to not see any on the road.

The Mustang and Challenger nailed the retro styling, GM wasn't even in the ball park with the Camaro.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Quote from another board

The "unofficial" word is that the Camaro will be made in mass as a 6 cylinder with very few V8s available at a premium price.
GM Performance division is changing gears from power to fuel economy."
Thats exactly how it should be . Thats is why the Mustang has sold so well. Its a good looking car(Mustang) with the majority being 6 cylinders

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Exactly

I hope it does die. That car is flat out BUTT UGLY. I thought it was a mistake from the get go, not to mention they took WAY too long developing it. That or they leaked the development and release WAY too soon.

Either way, won't hurt my feelings any to not see any on the road.

The Mustang and Challenger nailed the retro styling, GM wasn't even in the ball park with the Camaro.

X 1000 for me. Designers totally missed it on the Camaro.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Too bad for the Chevy camp, know a lot of street enthusiasts were waitin' on the Z28 to hit the streets. IMO the Z28 is all that was missing from the factories going at again like back in the day. Oh well at least the SS will still prowl the streets of USA.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
sorry chevy guys. but hell, the car is butt-ugly anyway!! the new dodge is nice as hell though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i don't care if they only have 6's it'll make them more affordable .....to turn in to race cars ! who cares what the running gear is anyway.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
None of that is true. I don't know where these folks get their garbage information.

The camaro was created upon a business case of small volume. The Z is not dead as of last week.... Was working on the program in the Studio before shut down.... I guess Monday I'll confirm or deny it.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
I'm about sick and tired of the press constantly knocking GM, and telling untruths about GM in general..... I mean WTF is going on out there is it a damn conspiracy?

·
Registered
16,600 Posts
Does this mean I won't have to weld up anymore rear frame rail prototypes??? Good...they're a pain in the ass to build!!! I 100% agree....the designers have missed the mark on the "retro camaro". The firebird rendition I saw looked great though!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts