Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a brand new C4, built to the hilt from Frank Lupo's ProFormance. It's been sitting in the garage for a little while and I never noticed that the input shaft turns as easily as it should, but I can't seem to pull it out. Granted, I'm not pulling it as if my life depending on it, but my last C4, which was somewhat home built, allowed the input shaft to come out very easily.

Is this just because it's a "tight" transmission or is this something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Most forward drums are modified to make them solid. The welding processes shink the splines in the drum a little .. Nothing to worry about.

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
Most forward drums are modified to make them solid. The welding processes shink the splines in the drum a little .. Nothing to worry about.
It also makes the splines soft... don't why folks do that to the fwd drum..

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Could be that the new input shaft and the drum have a much tighter spline tolerance.

Got a brand new C4, built to the hilt from Frank Lupo's ProFormance. It's been sitting in the garage for a little while and I never noticed that the input shaft turns as easily as it should, but I can't seem to pull it out. Granted, I'm not pulling it as if my life depending on it, but my last C4, which was somewhat home built, allowed the input shaft to come out very easily.

Is this just because it's a "tight" transmission or is this something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This trans has NEVER been run? Currently have mine apart, the imput shaft was touching the output shaft, which in turn galled the ends up a bit, making the imput tougher to pull out...........?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I've been advised it is a type of cast steel ? Hence why it can be welded . Either way i've had up to 647 RWHP and several at around the 500RWP and never had a prob yet .

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Consensus some time ago ona C-4 forum that the tight spline was a good thing. Less chance of movement ruining the spline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts