Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First sample of the latest offering from Forced Inductions is here. With the rules allowing a billet 76mm, FI wants to make sure that they have the best performing 76 out there.

Wheel is brand new... as soon as units get in there will be dyno testing and track testing done just like there was on the 80mm. Stay tuned.

Thanks in advance Kyle for posting the pic since my phone hates photobucket.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No theres a billet 75mm thats a drop in for the cast wheel.

This is a 76mm.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
First sample of the latest offering from Forced Inductions is here. With the rules allowing a billet 76mm, FI wants to make sure that they have the best performing 76 out there.

Wheel is brand new... as soon as units get in there will be dyno testing and track testing done just like there was on the 80mm. Stay tuned.

Thanks in advance Kyle for posting the pic since my phone hates photobucket.
I'm sure it will be a nice piece but there will be heavy competition on this one, trust me ;)

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure it will be a nice piece but there will be heavy competition on this one, trust me ;)
Competition breeds innovation and advancement. Bring it on.:p

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
What about race cover over standard at 7-800rwhp @ 10-11psi? Excited to see head to head and get it down the track again.
Race cover is worth a little at that power level. Hard to say how much since so many different setups. Where your at on the map and PR dictates it.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A billet 76 is legal. It gets a 50 pound hit which makes it equal in weight to the cast 80.

You cannot have a billet 80mm in Ultra.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Now the question is does a billet 76mm make more avg hp 6500rpm-8000 rpm than a cast wheel 80mm? Both on a very efficient (for allowed rules) 330-360ci motor...

All these new turbos has me completely undecided.

Billet [email protected] 3200?
cast s480 w/ race cover @ 3200?
gt4780?
gt5080 @ 3250?

And im sure im forgetting a ton.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Why would you be racing the [email protected] 3250? It doesnt have a 50 pound penalty.... the GT5518-80 does.

Just wait... this wheel doesnt like much being done foe the GT line. So youll have GT5076's and gt4718-76's to wonder about too.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts