·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shorty Tall’s
S M O K E H O U S E
BBQ
“Where Your face goes to get messy”

Food is rated by the tongue, but curiosity is raised by the name. I would love to hear honest opinions, and Why or why not's. Thank you.

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
shorty talls sounds original

I like it

·
Former RJ instigator
41,972 Posts
What type of BBQ are you going to specialize in? Ribs, pork, beef, all the above?

A catchy name is important, you'll need something that makes'em hungry just reading it.

For me, just reading "REAL PIT BBQ", no matter what's in front of it gets me in the door.....

Seeing and smelling ----->REAL PIT BBQ is a door opener too.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Make sure you put as much attention into the side items as you do the BBQ. I've been trying all types of different BBQ places here in Texas and alot of them have the same old boring shitty sides and that really turns me off. I would have a better opinion of a place if the Sides were excellent and the BBQ was pretty good then I do if the BBQ is pretty good and the sides were terrible.

A place in Florida I was used to had excellent sides and excellent BBQ so I guess I'm just trying to find it's replacement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since everyone is stuck on the slogan and obviously don't like it, How bout. "Inventor of the Happy Plate" ? My son throws all of his food in the floor and throws his arms in the air and says "HAPPY" and starts laughing. I created a mock up menu today.

Shorty Tall’s
S M O K E H O U S E
Beans & BBQ
“Where Your face goes to get messy”

For catering or call ahead ordering call 918-xxx-xxxx
(Delivery available for prescheduled orders over $50.00)
Meat Choices- Brisket (chopped or sliced), Pulled Pork, Hot Link, Polish Sausage, or Bologna.

Meals- Includes one meat, toast, pickles, peppers, onions, and two sides. $7.89
(Add a meat for $1.59 up to 3 extra meats)
Rib Meal- Includes Ribs,toast, pickles, pepper, onions, and two sides.
Half Rack $13.49 Full Rack $19.89

Family Style Meals-
Lawn Chair Special- 3 ½ lbs. of your choice of meats, 4 pints of sides, whole loaf of texas toast, pickles, peppers, and onions. (Feed’s 6) $37.89

Great Rack’s - Full rack of Baby backs, Full rack of St. Louis style ribs, 4 pints of sides, whole loaf of texas toast, pickles, peppers, and onions. (Feed’s 6) $41.89

Third Wheel- 2 lbs. of your choice of meats, 2 pints of sides, 4 pieces of texas toast, pickles, peppers, and onions. (Feed’s 3) $19.89

Samitches- Your choice of meat on a bun, served with pickles, peppers, onions, and one side item. $6.19 (add extra meat for $1.59)

“The Shorty”- Sliced brisket, pulled pork, hot link, polish sausage, and Bologna piled high between a bun. served with pickles, peppers, onions, and one side item. $8.99

By the pound- Brisket (chopped or sliced), Pulled Pork, Hot Link, Polish Sausage, or Bologna. $8.89

Ribs- Baby backs Half Rack $10.49 Full Rack $18.89
St. Louis style ribs Half Rack $8.49 Full Rack $15.89

Sides- baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, chips, add a rib. Individual- $1.59 Pint- $2.99 (Chips and add a rib are sold individually only)

*all prices subject to change without notice **sales tax will be added to all sales.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make sure you put as much attention into the side items as you do the BBQ. I've been trying all types of different BBQ places here in Texas and alot of them have the same old boring shitty sides and that really turns me off. I would have a better opinion of a place if the Sides were excellent and the BBQ was pretty good then I do if the BBQ is pretty good and the sides were terrible.

A place in Florida I was used to had excellent sides and excellent BBQ so I guess I'm just trying to find it's replacement.
Funny you mention sides. I am struggling to make my meats the star because my sides accidentally turned out beyond my belief.

Where in Florida? I am planning to set up a location in Destin pretty soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Funny you mention sides. I am struggling to make my meats the star because my sides accidentally turned out beyond my belief.

Where in Florida? I am planning to set up a location in Destin pretty soon.
It's outside Orlando - 4 Rivers BBQ - Their Brisket is over the top and all of their BBQ is solid. The sides and Deserts are excellent as well.

I know they've expanded to 3 stores now, I was there when they just opened the first one 2 or 2.5 years ago. Hopefully the quality control is still top notch and they are putting out a great product.

http://4rsmokehouse.com/

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
I think I would add french fries, as long as they're good. Learn how to make "hotwater cornbread", good stuff. I'm not sure I would sell both baby backs and St. Louis style ribs, maybe do one or the other. The name is unique. JMHO.:D Having a resturant is someting I always think I'd like to do. But it takes all your time, and good employees are hard to find from what I hear. I love to cook for people.

A couple things popular here that you don't see at many BBQ places:

Stuffed baked potaotes: Butter, cheese, sausage or brisket. BBQ sauce. The place here uses HUGE potaotes.

Boat: Brisket or sausage served on a bowl of pinto beans with cheese and BBQ sauce.

Both popular with the lunch and to-go order crowd.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts