Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amsoil recently released their Dominator synthetic oil series. I don't know how to read the technical properties make up (at the bottom of the link), anyone care to explain it?

Amsoil states that it has properties of a single weight oil but it is a multi-grade????

Here is the link for the 15w-50. They also have 10w-30 and 5w-20

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/rd50.aspx

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Well if you are looking for a simple answer, like if you should run out and by that oil today I would say don't run so fast. I had a conversation about the for ball wear test last week with my buddy that sells Schaeffer Oil http://www.schaefferoil.com/. I also have done some web research and can only find the Amsoil uses that test and have anything published. Not that it is a bad product, I know many that sware by it but if what ever you are using now has given your motor the protection stick with it. To me it takes more than one properity to make a good oil.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I just got the 5w-20 Dominator oil.
We shall see.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Been using it for a while now in other applications never any issues.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
I run Amsoil in everything I own.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Ive always wanted to try their product. Everyone I've talked to that sells the stuff knows nothing about running it with methanol.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Ive always wanted to try their product. Everyone I've talked to that sells the stuff knows nothing about running it with methanol.
When I started running methanol just about the only oil that stated it was made for methanol and nitro was Pennzoil Racing oil. Thats what I started with and still run today. Today there are a few more but methanol motors need some different additive.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Do you have to run a Holley dominator to use this oil??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts