Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this new intake from AFR for SBF’s? Better than a Super Vic and good for FI?

·
Registered
16,365 Posts
I looks like the bung material is already cast in place. Just buy the correct tool and put the holes in yourself, it's not hard. I've added 8 extra bungs to 2 different EFI intakes myself and did it with hand tools. The hardest thing will be to figure out how to put something on them to restrain the fuel rail.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I think this is the best new 8.2 deck SBF intake that would apply to our market segment.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is the best new 8.2 deck SBF intake that would apply to our market segment.

Holley is claiming the power band of that new intake is 1500-7000.. Was excited when I saw the new AFR option and called up on it today, but it’s only designed to run with the 185cc heads.. For the guys twisting 8000+ it looks like the only options are the Super Vic or sheet metal unfortunately

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Holley is claiming the power band of that new intake is 1500-7000.. Was excited when I saw the new AFR option and called up on it today, but it’s only designed to run with the 185cc heads.. For the guys twisting 8000+ it looks like the only options are the Super Vic or sheet metal unfortunately

I'd be willing to bet it makes power beyond 7000rpm. I haven't had my hands on one yet but it doesn't appear that they made the runner CSA really small. Even if it took some porting to get the runner CSA dialed in the flow balance between cylinders should be way better than any of the 4BBL style intakes. I have a customer that may switch to one over the winter if he stays with the 8.2 deck engine. There is also the option of doing a sheetmetal top to give it some. more plenum volume which generally helps. The LS makes power north of 7K rpm so I see no reason these wouldn't do the same especially with a head similar to the engine I just finished that flows north of 410cfm.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'd be willing to bet it makes power beyond 7000rpm. I haven't had my hands on one yet but it doesn't appear that they made the runner CSA really small. Even if it took some porting to get the runner CSA dialed in the flow balance between cylinders should be way better than any of the 4BBL style intakes. I have a customer that may switch to one over the winter if he stays with the 8.2 deck engine. There is also the option of doing a sheetmetal top to give it some. more plenum volume which generally helps. The LS makes power north of 7K rpm so I see no reason these wouldn't do the same especially with a head similar to the engine I just finished that flows north of 410cfm.

Be real interested to see how it performs.. You’re running head hunters right?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Be real interested to see how it performs.. You’re running head hunters right?
Have some on a Drag Week engine I just finished for a customer. I have a Super Victor on it currently but have tried to encourage the customer to run the High Ram and port EFI vs the Sniper X Flow. If it was forced induction it would be a no brainer. It was not available when the manifold selection was done. I have another customer that is turbo/8.2 deck that is pretty interested as well. He would be a better test since it's on a Super Victor EFI, methanol and 98mm Pro Mod turbo.

·
Registered
16,365 Posts
Why does your Photobucket pics always look blurry when Im on the laptop , but look fine when Im on the phone . :smt102
Wait a few more decades. Everything you see in your life will be at least a little blurry. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts