Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m working on a 69 chevelle and just bought some 3840f bnc shocks they say they have 4” of stroke but have a fairly heavy duty bumper on them that leaves like 3.5” of travel if you don’t count the big bumper. My question is how close to bottomed out do I dare install them at I drive this car on the street but not much.

Right now at ride height the shock installed height is very close to the collapsed length of 10.25” so I’ll have to space them down a little but I’ll be giving up travel up top.

what’a safe do I make the control arm bumpstops hit at the 10.25” height? I have like 7.5” of travel but didn’t have enuf shock to slow it down maybe now I won’t need that much but I dont Wanna throw it all away in case I need it.

If it makes any diff the car has run [email protected] but poor 60 foots and is heavy 3750 ish with driver.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was using about 3.625” of shock travel but with the bumper on the new shocks that leaves me with no extra for bottoming them out.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
I run mine at mid stroke on the street, and when I go to the track I flip the mounts, and lower the springs (to keep the same ride height) so I only show 1" of shaft, leaving 4" of shaft left for extension. 3400# car on a 275 pro goes 1.25 ish to the 60' mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts