Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a new street ride for my Wife. It's a 70 Chevelle, with a 427ci BBC. The engine has a Factory block, steel GM crank, steel GM rods?, forged pistons and GM Iron heads. I would like to add fuel injection and aftermarket aluminum cylinder heads. I'm thinking AFR 315's to 335's. Or is there a better "bang for the buck" cyl head? I would also like to know how much HP this bottom end will support (800 is my guess)? The engine has nitrous on it now but that may change. This will be an "inexpensive" build, <$5000. I'm debating on going Procharger or Turbo. I'm not used to using factory stuff so I thought I would just ask what HP limit to build this to.

What do you think?

·
Registered
972 Posts
First, you should post some pics.

Second, how can you buy aluminum BBC heads, intake & throttle body, Procharger/Turbo, fuel system, ignition, EFI etc for 5K?

Either way your wife is lucky.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering buying "slightly" used parts but I should probably of not said $5000. Everything I do ends up costing double. LOL
The main reason for this post is to see how strong the stock stuff is?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

So does anyone use or know what stock Gm stuff will support? I don't normally use it, but in this case I don't need to make over 1000hp. Any help would be great.

·
BOOST!!!!
14,767 Posts
She' a lucky woman!
For the price of the Scat rotating assembly, i think you would be better off, imo.
Careful not to make it too fast, you still want to keep your car in front.;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL I don't think that will be a problem.

I will probably build it to 1000hp. Mine will be double that and much lighter.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Very nice car. 70s are hit or miss with me, yours looks great.

Are those the summit wheels on there?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weld pro-stars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts