Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Nice little pocket gun. I just refuse to pick up anything else in .380, because I'm tired of not being able to find, or paying out the ass, for ammo. I just bought one box for my annual "make sure it still goes bang" range trip, and it cost me over 60 cents a round before shipping.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Just checked 380 JHP ammo price...holy shit ! cool little gun though....definitely smaller than my Shield.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a sig P238 that i swap out with my P365 depending where and when i am out.The p238 carries 6 or 7 plus one but is a good shooting heavy little gun.This looked interesting enough to give it a try.I think they will be as popular as when the p365 came out.

Reactions: MXS67454

·
Registered
One badass mini van
371 Posts
Nice looking little Ruger. I’ve carried my .380 LCP for many years. Would entertain this max version if I didn’t already have a Taurus G2 on order. But the way shit is happening in the Detroit area these days I really want the added firepower of the 9mm Taurus.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,420 Posts
If I'm gonna carry a small gun, I'm gonna carry my j frame

Otherwise its going to be my PX4c

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,401 Posts
Its still just......a 380. Good luck.

While I prefer my 40's, might need to look at 380's for "summer carry".....
I would never sacrifice a proven LE viable size caliber for an insufficient borderline mouse caliber for comfort.

Reactions: Tom396

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its still just......a 380. Good luck.

I would never sacrifice a proven LE viable size caliber for an insufficient borderline mouse caliber for comfort.
Still gonna make the badguy leak.

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,401 Posts
Still gonna make the badguy leak.
Yes.....So does a BiC pen. :D

Do you want a leak, or do you want something that's far more likely to incapacitate with 1-2 shots ??
Plenty of ballistics information out there gentlemen, and much is from LE agencies across the US.

Of course , to each their own. I'm here just to be the devils advocate for bigger holes like the Govt employs / allows.

·
Banned
17,411 Posts
Wife carries Buffalo Bore 80grn +p with barnes xp pill in her .380
Ain't no ball point pen got shit on that round.

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,401 Posts
Buffalo Bore is ABSOLUTELY a game changer :D

However, be aware they even warn against plinking because its a risky ammo esp in polymer handguns. I have seen even metal revolvers break

Buffalo Bore and others have tested our 380 auto +P ammo in the LCP and many LCP owners currently shoot our +P ammo in their LCPs and we've never heard of any problems from the "power" or "pressure" of the ammo, but obviously the use of +P ammo in these little guns should be limited to just enough to test reliable feeding and point of impact, then carry the ammo in your LCP in the event you need it, but don't go plinking with it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I carry the Glock 42...I used to be able to get +p ammo,. and now I can't find any...So I just have the same stuff I practice with in it....I can only hope its enough to stop a threat.
It will get the job done. IMO the 42 is the BEST .380 handgun out there. Don't buy into the naysayers that it will not work or "good luck". I guarantee you they wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have a sig P238 that i swap out with my P365 depending where and when i am out.The p238 carries 6 or 7 plus one but is a good shooting heavy little gun.This looked interesting enough to give it a try.I think they will be as popular as when the p365 came out.
P238 is a fine self defense handgun. It's what my wife carries until I can get her comfortable with her 365 SAS. The only downside to .380 is ammo price/availability. The only reason we are switching her over.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P238 is a fine self defense handgun. It's what my wife carries until I can get her comfortable with her 365 SAS. The only downside to .380 is ammo price/availability. The only reason we are switching her over.
Available but still twice the price of 9mm
The 90 grain XTP loads are one of the best defense .380 rounds but at 1.50 i only ran a mag through to make sure it feeds (which it does) and run 1 0r 2 rounds mixed in a mag of cheaper stuff if im having a .380 range day after that.The p238 and my ruger 380 max have never had any glitches of any kind with 5 different types of ammo for what its worth.

Reactions: Rebird

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I love my p238. Everyone that shoots it wants to buy it. I also switch between the 238 and a 365. I carry the 365 way more though.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a sas slide assy off ebay and tried it at the range.Interesting but not as good for me as the stock xray sights(my favorite sights out of all my handguns).Was eyeballing an xl slide assy on ebay thats optic ready with a romeo red dot included.Thoughts on how you like your setup vs how it came stock would be helpful.

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,401 Posts
Don't buy into the naysayers that it will not work or "good luck". I guarantee you they wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.
Lets evaluate this.....

Who wants to get shot by a 22LR??
Answer = No one, and thats smaller then 380

Who want to get cracked in the head with a cast iron skillet??

I would hope that isnt your deciding metric for mouse caliber "threat" stopping power? 😁...or it fits in your pocket good

Choose wisely🤟 Slow forum, yes Im just havin fun wit cha

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice looking little Ruger. I’ve carried my .380 LCP for many years. Would entertain this max version if I didn’t already have a Taurus G2 on order. But the way shit is happening in the Detroit area these days I really want the added firepower of the 9mm Taurus.
I too have carried a Ruger LCP when a smaller profile needed, but usually carry a LC9 or PPQ .40

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts