Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Won't be long and someone will throw a couple of turbos on one and be makin 1000hp.:smt066

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
local guy went 12.0 with headers, cai, tune. gotta say that is damn impressive and they are gonna spank the shit out the camaro mod for mod, unfortunately.

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
local guy went 12.0 with headers, cai, tune. gotta say that is damn impressive and they are gonna spank the shit out the camaro mod for mod, unfortunately.
Unfortunately? Got nothing to do with fortune the new motor has some damn good engineering built into it peroid. Ford power baby!!

I heard someone mention (S.A.M.) a little while back that the factory heads they will be able to get 400 cfm out of them with the effiecent straight shot intake runners there will be big NA power made from that engine and if the block is able to handle will be able to push it into Windsor territory!!!:smt066

·
Registered
454 Posts
If my 07 Mustang wasn't already making over 500hp I would deff sell it to buy a new one. Really like that new motor. Still wish they would make one in the 400ci range though.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Unfortunately? Got nothing to do with fortune the new motor has some damn good engineering built into it peroid. Ford power baby!!

I heard someone mention (S.A.M.) a little while back that the factory heads they will be able to get 400 cfm out of them with the effiecent straight shot intake runners there will be big NA power made from that engine and if the block is able to handle will be able to push it into Windsor territory!!!:smt066
I doubt the block would be able to withstand any power from 400CFM flowing heads..and who puts stock heads on an aftermarket block??

New age muscle car era. Gotta love it :cool:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
gm should really take this as sand being kicked in their face AGAIN first was the 03-04 cobra right after they axed the camaro firebird,now they pulled this shit(followed chyrslers lead) oh its got 425 hp but it fuckin weighs 4500 lbs+(srt8 is considerably more) the new mustang is at 3700 I believe.I realize that safety is at a premium on the weight these days because these cars have the lawyers and the bean counters running scared,but wtf pull your heads out of your collective asses you need a car to get better gas mileage and be safer so what do you do make it weigh over two tons?! come on now

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I doubt the block would be able to withstand any power from 400CFM flowing heads..and who puts stock heads on an aftermarket block??

New age muscle car era. Gotta love it :cool:
The 3 valve mod motor doesn't have an option for aftermarket heads, so we have to use stock heads on anything we build. Just gotta have a good port job on them.

·
Registered
454 Posts

I would take stock heads all day long that flow 400cfm. My 3v heads don't come close to that and it makes 525rwhp with completely stock top end.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love when the GM nutswingers bitch about this and say the new Z28 will wax GT. I guess they like to pretend that the Mustang GT is the baddest Mustang sold in the land, I guess I would too since they all know the GT500 with its new alum blocked supercharged 32v motor makes almost as much as the almight supercharged ZR1 limited production race/street car at over 100k a pop before dealer markup. Yeah I guess that is why lol

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Still gotta give it to the LSX guys, once you start getting serious, dollar for dollar, the mod motors can't keep up. Who knows with this new 5.0, but I think it will be the same.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts