Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be heading to Vegas for the Heritage series race end of May. Heard there are new regs for truck and trailer. Anyone been there lately. Grapevine says $250.00 for permit and $500.00 fine if caught without. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
From what I understand, if you don't make a living from your racing you are ok. Somewhere posted on the site is the rules that Nevada has. My copy is at home, but if no one comes up with anything by tomorrow, I will bring it and post it for you.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was told that all it takes is stickers on the car or trailer and they consider it a business.

·
Registered
659 Posts
We go to NV often and they have publicly stated that they are after the pro teams that compete for money.If you take your expenses off your taxes and yes if you have signs on the truck and trailer that make you look pro and therefore would be competing to win money they are looking for you.
They dont care about the sportsman racers and the easy way to stay out of site is keep your trailer and tow rig with no signs or as they call it advertising.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We do get sponsor help from Lucas,K&N and some others so we have that on the trailer. That's probably enough to attract attention. We will talk to our vinyl guy and see about covering it temporarily to be safe. Thanks for the input,Bob.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just got back from last weekends PSCA race at Vegas. No permit and no problems. 85 feet overall and no signage on the truck or trailer.

Just cover the stickers or remove them and put up banners on the trailer at the track. Having the advertising on the rig can become a problem in any state. They legally make you commercial and subject to DOT regulations.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any feedback from anyone who has been to Nevada lately? Also going to the Heritage race next weekend and wondering if anybody has been pulled over.

·
Registered
15,442 Posts
My friends went last weekend No issues

·
Registered
290 Posts
The problem seems to be witht he northern part of the state when entering Nevada from Cal.
x2--the problems I've heard about are from sportsman racers on I-80 entering the Reno area from CA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts