Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing “EVO-16”, the ultimate upgrade to your XLR-8R roller lifters.
Our EVO-16 upgrade makes our XLR-8R lifters, the most indestructible lifters available. Our exclusive steel-on-steel roller design, replaces the need for needle bearings, or bronze bushings. The larger effective axle diameter allows for increase rigidity over other lifters. Rated for spring pressures over 1,600lbs, you won’t find a more durable lifter.

If you're at the PRI Trade Show, come check out the latest evolution in roller lifters, at the Jones Cam Designs booth, #1835

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Do you have a spec sheet or pics? What sizes available?
Working on the flier, right now.
Should be on my website by the start of the PRI show.
We will not be showing any pics of the actual wheels, because we don't think it's something we can patent.
We will have the assembled lifters at PRI.
We offer them for most applications in .842", .874", and .904"

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Introducing “EVO-16”, the ultimate upgrade to your XLR-8R roller lifters.
Our EVO-16 upgrade makes our XLR-8R lifters, the most indestructible lifters available. Our exclusive steel-on-steel roller design, replaces the need for needle bearings, or bronze bushings. The larger effective axle diameter allows for increase rigidity over other lifters. Rated for spring pressures over 1,600lbs, you won’t find a more durable lifter.

If you're at the PRI Trade Show, come check out the latest evolution in roller lifters, at the Jones Cam Designs booth, #1835

Hope those Bam lifters are better then the ones you sent my customer and least you took them back after 4 people measured them to find the sizing off quite a bit. Interesting the set that came from another shop measure dam good. You must be getting seconds.

The P/N's were hand written on the boxes which I found really odd as well.

·
Registered
26,085 Posts
I will try to post some, after PRI.
The problem is, they look exactly like our needle bairing, and bushing lifters from the outside, and we're not showing the inside.
I hope that works out for you, I would really like to do that on a DOHC cam follower.

The more I look into the exotic metal bushing materials the less sense they make.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I hope that works out for you, I would really like to do that on a DOHC cam follower.

The more I look into the exotic metal bushing materials the less sense they make.
He said steel on steel in the first post. I've heard of guys doing that with piston pins and rods with really tight clearances.

·
Registered
26,085 Posts
He said steel on steel in the first post. I've heard of guys doing that with piston pins and rods with really tight clearances.
I understood that.

That roller mechanism is a tough problem that has seen a lot of ideas thrown at it.
If it works without rollers or bushings it will be a nice simplification.

I'm guessing there may be some metal, finish, heat-treat or coating optimization involved.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

They've been working great for 2 years now.
Should work well in a finger follower type setup also.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's OK, I'm still in for pics. Do they utilize any coatings?
I will post pics, when I get back from PRI.
We aren't disclosing any of the steel processes being used.

FYI, We use the same sizing, and tolerances, as JESEL.
.8415" +/- .0002"
.8737" +/- .0002"
.9035" +/- .0002"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts