Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this happened sooner than I figured it would. Going to need a machinist somewhere in the Southeast that can do quality bore/hone/balance. Going to need someone for valve jobs(Serdi), as well, but he block work is more important. I'm in South Florida and the one guy who knows what he is doing who I have been using for 20yrs is mentally done. Give me your recommendations, can ship anywhere in the SE. Need someone responsible that cares and is not a total asshole.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check with Charlie Kabbaby Warpath Racing 305- 688-5430 He is in South Fla. Not sure if he is still around but used to do good work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I know Charley, good guy. He uses the same machinist I do... He may be in the same boat I am sooner or later.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, this happened sooner than I figured it would. Going to need a machinist somewhere in the Southeast that can do quality bore/hone/balance. Going to need someone for valve jobs(Serdi), as well, but he block work is more important. I'm in South Florida and the one guy who knows what he is doing who I have been using for 20yrs is mentally done. Give me your recommendations, can ship anywhere in the SE. Need someone responsible that cares and is not a total asshole.
Precision Race Engines in middle Tennessee. They may or may not have capacity. I know they have been slammed.
931 815 3260. Ask for Adam.
* Note they are closed due to a Covid outbreak this week.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Precision Race Engines in middle Tennessee. They may or may not have capacity. I know they have been slammed.
931 815 3260. Ask for Adam.
* Note they are closed due to a Covid outbreak this week.
Thank you, will give them a shot next week also. I sorta/kinda know [email protected] in TN when he used to be in SoFla years ago. He built a few motors for some personal friends who ran drag week and they ran hard. He is beyond slammed, from what they tell me. Keep the recommendations coming! Thanks to all!

DQD

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just had my engine done by Muscle Machining in Largo FL.
Was very impressed with his shop, clean, nice machines, capable of line boring new caps, others shops in my area were not.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've used Horsepower By Hedrick in Jacksonville, they did a fabulous job on mine. He does mostly circle track stuff but he does have everything to do whatever you need, along with a dyno. Nice folks and very clean shop.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used (see attached) they also have a Stuska Dyno
Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta Circle

Reactions: DualQuadDave

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s been about 10 years since I lived in Miami but back then there was in Ft Lauderdale a guy named Harold Grady at Thunder racing. Did a lot of off shore stuff. Ron Crawford in Miami as well. Used to build some big power small Ford blower motors. Google them. I live in Ga now and yesterday found out my go to guy died after open heart surgery. I feel your pain. So hard to find someone that you can trust and work with. I feel totally lost.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, those are old names I haven't heard in a while. I think Grady died, not totally sure. Ronny Crawford just does super high end builds, last I heard. Not even sure he is still in South Florida. I am thankful for the good leads everybody has sent me.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Kerry friend @ Proline Refered me to Joe Ewing yrs ago about head Porting they look to be building and re-sleeving also....
Fast Forward Race Engines

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, those are old names I haven't heard in a while. I think Grady died, not totally sure. Ronny Crawford just does super high end builds, last I heard. Not even sure he is still in South Florida. I am thankful for the good leads everybody has sent me.
It’s a damn tragedy when someone with so much talent and knowledge dies. Real loss to the entire community. I remember back in like ‘98 Grady was the only guy around with fixtures for Ford mod motors.
Someone asked Crawford his thoughts on going fast with a big blower modular ford, he said “you can only kick a dog in its ass so hard”. Good times.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you can't find anyone closer we are in NC ( Denver just outside of Mooresville ) heart of all racing LOL. We have all state of the art cnc equipment and personal.

www.3vperformance.com
980-222-7230

1 - 19 of 19 Posts