Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay it may not mean much to you guys but I would like to finish first and beat out a Datsun running 12 seconds and Subaru running 14s at drag times web site.

the car with the most votes gets to be the featured car on the web site next month.

Click on the link then click on the Vote button

Site counts votes by IP I beleive and you can vote once a day.

Thanks for your help

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-1556.html

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
The Datsun and Mazda that are a head of you are both ELECTRIC cars. Both were/are daily drivers as well. Both belong to guys I know too. But I still gave you a vote.
Both guys are into street style racing, though only NHRA will recognize them. This leaves them running brackets most of the time. The Datsun is a real crowd pleaser at the track. The funniest part about guys racing him, he doesn't trailer you, you have to leave the facility. Not entirely true, but most guys opt to leave right away than having to face their friends. Something about taking your hopped up Stang to the track only to get beat by an electric car, doesn't do well for the ego.
Good luck on thr poll, but from the look of things an electric car is going to win this month.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Monty,
That is not actually completely true. John's Datsun (White Zombie), has a lot of real American content in it. In fact if you based it solely on value of parts in a proportional sense, it is less of an import than the Vette. The best part of it is it was less expensive to make the Datsun go that fast with electric power than if he had left the ICE motor in it, and the electric is way more reliable.
I am looking at this as just forwarning of things to come. Zombie was built a long time ago and runs in the 12's. As more and more people start screwing with electrics, and battery technology catches up, 9's and 10's will be common for drive to the track electrics.
So look at the bright side, today it is just a poll, and it is still going to be a few years before it is at the track as well for cars like Redgar's. Actually if things go as planned, maybe car's like Monty's as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts