Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The aviation industry is not doing to well for those of us that work in aircraft maintenance. I have worked about two days in the last 2 weeks or so and am trying to get back on full-time with my other job but it looks like that's not going to happen.

My wife works and I have been doing small jobs here and there for extra money.

If anyone in Indy knows of any jobs or needs and odd jobs done let me know.

Strong background in maintenance, lawn care, cleaning, automotive detailing, ect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Not sure if you're in Indy proper, but I have family in Crawfordsville. I could ask around for you. Have you looked into Nucor or anything else out there?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Havent looked out that way yet because of the drive but I will look into Nucor, feel free to ask around.

I have work next week but that may be it for a while again.
Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
call any moving company in town...United, Stevens, Atlas etc. Summertime is their peak season and they are always lookin for help. Lot of times you can work for cash also.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
call any moving company in town...United, Stevens, Atlas etc. Summertime is their peak season and they are always lookin for help. Lot of times you can work for cash also.
I do stuff like that from time to time, I got $100 once for unloading 15 boxes of froot hahaha. If my boss tells me on Monday that things won't change for a while I will give them a call.

I know Mayflower does a lot of local stuff. Not a huge fan of traveling yet because I am getting ready to take the tests for my degree but if it comes down to it I will.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Fedex/Ups box tossers,,they always need em.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fedex/Ups box tossers,,they always need em.

Would but I would have to quit my other jobs just for it. I would not be manking any more money.

That and I found out that when you quit with UPS the union will not hire you back, even if they were getting ready to fire you for miss loads.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you are looking to stay in Aircraft Mx I would try and get in at Fedex throwing boxes. It is easier to bid in on a mx opening when you are internal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you tried Pinnacle Airlines, I know we have Line MX at IND. We also have hanger MX in South Bend. Should be fairly easy to get a position. You can send me an email @ [email protected] I know the base manager at IND. Let me know if I can help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts