Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
im doing this right now in michigan for a car i bought from ga. i was told to contact my sec. of state which i did and get the proper forms. i filled out a paper for lost title, had my neighbor who is a cop run the vin and sign off that its clear, which is required on the form, next step is to go to sec of state w my papers and file for replacement title which i wiil be doing tomorrow. i would contact your local sec of state/dmv and explain what you are doing and have them help you, the state you live in is the state that you will need to file for the title. i found in georgia that if a tiltle is lost they dont even replace it if the car is over a certain amount of years old. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dennis - I have the same deal right now with my 70 Mustang. My wife works at the auction and has someone there that can do title searches.
Give me a call maybe she can help out.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
im doing this right now in michigan for a car i bought from ga. i was told to contact my sec. of state which i did and get the proper forms. i filled out a paper for lost title, had my neighbor who is a cop run the vin and sign off that its clear, which is required on the form, next step is to go to sec of state w my papers and file for replacement title which i wiil be doing tomorrow. i would contact your local sec of state/dmv and explain what you are doing and have them help you, the state you live in is the state that you will need to file for the title
I did this last year and was very surprised at how easy it was. I was in and out of the Sec of States office in under a hour, they will need to to a title search as well, even if the police have done one. It takes about a half a hour.

Dennis

·
Registered
621 Posts
Have a car that was last registered in michigan..anyone ever deal with Michigan about lost titles?? Contacts??
Help
Dennis
How long ago was it registered? After so many years it may not be on record. If thats the case, just take the VIN to the DMV and apply for a lost title. Or try one of the title service companies ... Broadway, International etc. They advertise in Hemmings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts