Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
T/S 368E
30,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Need the cruise control turned on, and would rather pay one of you goofs, than a random dealer.
Anyone have the proper scanner in this area??

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
17,261 Posts
I thought you were having a dealer do it?

Bump for help.

·
T/S 368E
30,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I would rather give the cash to a racer.

·
Registered
17,261 Posts

·
T/S 368E
30,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I was until I found out the truck already has the cruise system built in.
All you need is the button, $45 and a scanner.
That's why I like asking for real world experiences than trust google!!

Instead of buying an aftermarket kit that looks like ass for $300, I get factory original for ~$100.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,700 Posts

·
T/S 368E
30,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wonder if Forscan with advanced diagnostics and a smart phone can do it? $20 total software investment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJPo_zA3Dc

OK, I got the forscan program, thanks for the advice.
I don't know what I did wrong, but I can't get the truck to talk with the laptop for some reason :(
Forscan loads fine, all the functions work except connecting with the truck??
The adapter is recognized, but not the truck??

So I call the 2 closest ford dealers, the 1st guy thinks I'm an Amish house wife.
Tells me it takes a whole reprogramming procedure, 1 1/2 hours at least.
I didn't tell him I watched 4 guys do it on youtube in 30 seconds.
I said that's ok I'll find some one that knows what's he's doing and hang up.

The second guy said it takes an hour, I'll have to schedule you in a week or so :rolleyes:
We charge by the actual time. Which means I'll sit there for an hour while they jack off for 59 1/2 minutes :(
So I said I'll call you back when I get my schedule for the week.

Guess I'll never find an honest dealer.
"Yea, it takes 30 seconds, but I have to charge a minimum of 1/2 hour, come in 10 minutes before closing and we'll flip on the file for you."

·
Maderator
16,223 Posts
Big computer bank goes down at an office complex, after looking at it for quite a while, their in house “maintenance” guy can’t seem to fix it, he knows a wire has a bad connection but has no idea what to do about it...... so he calls in the factory repair man and watches intently over his shoulder so as to learn something....... the factory guy unplugs a wire, sprays some contact cleaner on it and plugs it back in...... all is now well..... he hands the maintenance guy a bill for 1000 dollars....... the maintenance guy throws a fit and says how the hell do you charge 1000 dollars for THAT? He says I charged you 5 dollars for cleaning the wire and for chemical usage... I charged you 995 for knowing which connection to clean.

Think about it...... your welcome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts