Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a old set of MT slicks that are 28 X 9 X 15. The tread section measure around 9 3/4 or more... I currently have them on a 10 inch wheel. The overall section measure around 12 inches. This is about all I can handle. I would like to get something that is comparable but can't seem to find the same thing. Do they not make this slick anymore? I am running a 79 monte Carlo that is very back end light and nose heavy(I know not ideal!). The tracks that I run at are not always preped the best but what can a guy do? I would like to put as much tread to the ground that I can but am limited on any additional space. I may be able to go up in dia but not a great deal. The other problem is I am running a 400 turbo with a 4.10 gear. And a Procharger... I'm killing the tires off of the line. Do you guys have any suggestions on what slick to run? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks... Wes

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yes, that tire is still produced. It is part number 3054. I'm not sure how your tread measures that wide? A wider rim will make some difference along with prolonged use, but I've never seen that much! How much air pressure do you run?

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason, They have always measured that wide. I can take a pic if you would like. I have been running them on a 8 inch rim but am now going to a 10 inch rim. Either way, do you make anything that would work for my application any better? I am concerned about the power that I am throwing at the small tire. I hope to be around 900hp at the wheels. Do you have any suggestions on something else or do you think the 28X9X15 is the direction I should go. Thanks again for your time and help... I really appreciate it!
Wes

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you can fit a 12" wide tire, the 28.0/10.5-15S (#3055S) would be a good option assuming the car weighs more than 3000 lbs. I would varify your section width measurements. If it will not fit, I would run the 28.0/9.0-15 (# 3054) with a tube.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts