Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a stock suspension set up F2, 364,1200hp on the foot brake. It has Strange coil overs on the front. Lakewood's in the stock location with Eilbac springs stock location, UPR arb in the rear. This is the first time Ive run the car as I just bought it as a roller last year and put my engine and tranny in it. I also have a 7531 that I am only using as ignition. All run's are on the foot brake. Any advise is welcome.
Thanks
BC

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/bccoupe/?action=view&current=SANY0312.flv

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Yeah, it looks to me like it pulled threw the brakes, it started to go up so you let out of it. The burn out afterwards is because of that.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the log I didnt let out untill it came down. It happend so quick Im not sure. My buddies said it looked like it spun with the tires up and that made it drop. Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kill the timing on the launch and work it back in slowly....too much too soon IMO.
Thankd Ron. That's kind of what Im thinking. Dont know how to set up the 7531 or what part of it to use to kill the timming. Ive heard from some to use the launch retard and from other to use the gear retard. Any advise will be more than appretiated.
Thank's.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Use the launch retard, throw 10 degrees at it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Use the launch retard, throw 10 degrees at it and see if that helps.

What he said. Thats what i had it at in the pic in my sig....start at 10 and work it back in......plus scale the car. she needs to be as close to52.5% on the nose....if she is 54-55 % she will blow the tires everytime.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
It still looks to me like the rear susp is all used up on the foot brake. What weight springs does it have in it.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
It still looks to me like the rear susp is all used up on the foot brake. What weight springs does it have in it.
Yup. Avoid the rolling start, that doesn't help your cause towards why it's knocking the tires off. Get rid of the Eibach springs and Lakewood shocks in the back of the car...Your power level is way past that.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Car initially hooks, fronts are in the air a good ways, and "then" looses traction................rear shocks probably cannot hold the hit..........time for adjustables........crank them up on extension, and try it again.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
That thing sounds pissed! Nice ride.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I'm with Jeff and small block nova on this one. Both very good ideas for you. And get a transbrake on that thing!!!! That rear end is loading up really easy on the foot brake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts