Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well a buddy of mine was suppose to paint my car for me and well he only
Painted the shell and never did the doors fenders hood or bumper covers, well the job he did on the shell was an ok job. Now my question is would it be worth it to take all of
The unpainted stuff an get it painted the same color and hope it matches, or just put those parts in primer un till next winter and send the car out and have everything redone the right way? I just want the car to look presentable and not be a million and one different colors I can deal with a blue shell an black primer for a couple months.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Is it a metallic blue? Do you have enough of the blue to paint the rest of the car? If its a metallic blue, you can do a test panel ( there done on special cards) that the paint supply shops sell and spray one out and clear it. I hope the blue is a base/clear coat. Then look to see how well it matched IN THE SUNLITE. To maybe deceide if you can just paint the rest of the car. If not or you dont want to chance it, although you have seen your color on a random day shooting it. Just paint it all over.NOW if this is a straight blue just shoot the rest later!!! .DR

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a metallic blue b/c, I think im leaning more towards just repainting it over next winter and just spraying the rest of the party in primer for now cause I found some dings on the shell that got
Missed, idk I think it's just me being picky.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do you have color left from when shell was painted?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup I have paint left and clear and the primer .my only concern is that it's been sitting since the fall down in my
Basement

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Yoy dont have to prime it all again! Just fix the spots you want to and spot prime them. Get your can of paint up from the basement and open it and stir it and mix that metallic up. It should be fine.Dr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts