Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to be able to put my car together for at least 8 more months and I live down here in south florida, my question is what is the best way to protect my fuel system. I have a pro star 500 with all starlite hoses and aeroquip crimp on fittings. I have the ends of the hoses taped up but I do not want the pump or the lines to degrade, is there anything I can do to try and save some of this stuff, I have lots of $$$ in the system and would like to keep it fresh for when the funds come about to put the car back together. I was was running Torco NOS but that has evaporated out of the cell.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Plug the hoses with plug fittings and add a couple gallons of regular no lead gas to it if you think that will help. Not sure why you think it will get messed up. I know of race cars that have sat for years with no fuel system issues.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that sometimes the fuel pump seals will leak if left "dry" for too long and the inside of the hoses may become dry and brittle. I was hoping to avoid it, thats all.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
As said before plug the lines and run a gallon of mineral seal into system this will keep seals and internals lubricated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts