1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Owner+can of paint+ paint brush+ 12pk of cold ones= trailer painted cheap

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
get a POR15 kit and do it once and never look back. I have an open trailer I plan to do myself within the next week or so.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Long story short, I had a new PJ (Dunlap) trailer stolen, beat to piss, etc. I was able to recover it and a couple years later I finally got time to restore it to better than new condition. I used a duraliner product and hit all the steel with it. It is now just like if you Rhino lined a truck bed. Solid as hell, don't scratch.

Here is a pic after I got it done with the new fenders mounted.. Cost me around 80.00 and about 3 hrs of my labor to re-finish it..

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
get a POR15 kit and do it once and never look back. I have an open trailer I plan to do myself within the next week or so.
I thought POR 15 wasn't sunlight resistant, I'm pretty you have to top coat that stuff, that meens painting it twice.

I would just use Rust-O-Leum, it works like a champ and is way cheaper, you can get a gallon of Rust-O-Leum for what a quart of POR 15 costs. Get you a nice thin nap roller and a good brush and it'll look great, the paint will flow right out nice and smooth and hold up great.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
DON'T use POR15 on anything that gets hit by sunlight unless you topcoat it with a paint of some kind.
It'll turn faded kinda greenish on you.
Really, I had no idea* ;)

*(see post #8 )

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Where did you get those fenders? They look nice how much?

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
I've been putting off doing mine for over a year now,,,I might send it out for sandblasting then prime and paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts