Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of standard lights with the ARP2000s in them, looking at upgrading them to the BLT003s for piece of mind. Anyone here a dealer?

·
Registered
49,821 Posts
nobody would make enough to bother with the card processing Fee's, just call Oliver direct, they are super easy to deal with

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a new set of the standard bolts that come with the big block max rods. I upgraded to the ca625 bolts (blt003) when we purchased the rods (pretty sure it was around $600 bolt upgrade). I think they also resize the big end due to the extra clamping force.

Anyways they sent the standard bolts with the rods as well so i’d let them go pretty cheap. Still sealed in the bag from Oliver. These were from a set of big block max rods.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really appreciate the offer, I'm pretty sure those are they exact bolts I already have.

I'll give Oliver a call (or just run with these - the shop that did the work on my short block knows their shit and said I'd be fine).

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
I'm thinking why? Assuming your engine is turbocharged, I don't see the rod bolts being critical. More likely to hurt the beam of the rod from the high load. Unless you're spinning that engine way up there.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll be less than 7000rpm...

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
It'll be less than 7000rpm...
I would think the stock Oliver rod bolts would be fine for that. Those are the rods I use with the stock bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts