Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled this 3.5" decking screw from the wifes suv tire and i just cant believe she just ran over that monster without it bending

She works with some real jack asses and i think they ran it in with a drill

What say the experts

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Was it a rear tire?...
A lot of times, the front tire will start it tumbling and the angle it strikes the rear tire, is anybodies guess!... ;)

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Looks like she got screwed.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Easy to believe. I worked in, and owned, tire shops for years when I was much younger.

You would be amazed at what got pulled out of tires. Did you know that if you hit a large porcupine from the rear, the quills can puncture a steel belted radial? And the quills will be intact when you pull them out with pliers.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I once pulled a tire off to patch a tire. It had about an inch of 16 or 18 gauge wire sticking out of it.
Inside I found about 2 feet of wire. Who knows how it did that...

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
I say was in road, but some people suck, Was in automotive retail stores for a long time, you be shocked what you find when someone comes in for a flat.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the right rear, really thought it would be impossible but thanks for the input

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,798 Posts
if someone was to do it on purpose, they would run it in the sidewall.
^^This I think. The place where I buy my tires keeps a huge pretzel jar filled with shit they pull out of people’s tires. ALL kinds of shit in all kinds of conditions. They even left a piece of the tire on one handle of a pair of pliers, caught at just the right angle and all the way through as far as it would go.

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,407 Posts
Pull shit like that out of our van and pickup tires all the time...... wouldn't waste a thought on conspiracy.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've pulled allen wrenches. Combo wrenches. Claw hammer head. An few different rose thorns.

Also screwing them in alot of times makes a slow leak, not a flat.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
In 40+years with my semi,I have seen or had everything in tires. Guys are correct,usually rear tires. And on a semi,it's 90% in the back set of tires on a set of tandems. Leading tires throw it up,back set of tires catch it,and ram it through. Years ago on semi's they used to put what the called "wipers". Little short set of mudflaps between the tandems to keep this from happening. Even had a 9/16 combo wrench stuck through a tire one time,and yeah,it was the back set.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
She likes the big screws I only had little one cost me $ 35.00 vulcanized patch , rebalance , install this morning. Just glad it's fixed going to drive till winter and put all season Coopers on my 13 Ram fuck swapping out tires for winter . My BFG tires are all weather cracked between the tread and will be useless this coming winter.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
She likes the big screws I only had little one cost me $ 35.00 vulcanized patch , rebalance , install this morning. Just glad it's fixed going to drive till winter and put all season Coopers on my 13 Ram fuck swapping out tires for winter . My BFG tires are all weather cracked between the tread and will be useless this coming winter.
dag gum im not charging near enough

1 - 20 of 25 Posts