Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yep its a BBC !!!!!
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to swap my car over to 5-lug, mainly for the benefit of WAY better wheel choices. Now i know that you can go the cheaper route and just swap over later model spindles and brakes. But im looking to do it the more expensive way i guess LOL.

What will be the best parts to buy to do this and what all will i need? Looking to do wilwood or aerospace brakes front and rear. Looking for your guys experiance on the best brake kits and spindles? also axles and a rear brake setup, all brackets and everything i will need to do a COMPLETE swap from the stock 4-lug setup.

I will most likely buy used stuff to keep the cost down some, ive seen some good deals on here while browsing.

Thanks, Bryan

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well you'll need V8 spindles,and I suggest the aerospace kit,you gotta modify your spindles though for the calipers I believe.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
As far as I know aerospace is basically a bolt on deal,other than cutting the spindle which isn't a big problem. I could be completely wrong,someone else should chime in.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As far as I know with any brake kits, you have to drill and tap the three dust shield bolt holes for the caliper brackets and cut off the stock caliper mounting arms. I prefer Wilwood

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
As far as I know with any brake kits, you have to drill and tap the three dust shield bolt holes for the caliper brackets and cut off the stock caliper mounting arms. I prefer Wilwood
i had to do same thing to spindle. strange kit. I have a set of 4lug stuff that where redrilled to 5 lug if you want to stay with the stock set up.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
i had to do same thing to spindle. strange kit. I have a set of 4lug stuff that where redrilled to 5 lug if you want to stay with the stock set up.
What is this stuff you speak of.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i have spindles, rotors and cailpers, pads that where 4cyl 87-93 yrs i think off my car had to put 8cyl spindles to run aftermarket brakes. rotors are 5 lug had a machine shop alter them.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ohh I thought ya meant v8 stuff,I still have 4cyl stuff up front,just use ranger rotors for the 5 lug.

·
Registered
278 Posts
if you have v8 spindles, you can use 88 Lincoln Mark VII / SVO rotors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts