Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4150 that was built to the specs of my engine, but it just doesn't seem right. It hesitates off idle when I take off, and blubbers at slower cruising speeds. From 2500rpm and up the thing works great. I can go to a car show and after a couple hours, start it up and I have to keep feathering and pumping the throttle to keep it running. It smells rich but acts lean. A few of the local guys have this same carb and they can start their engines and not have to touch the pedal. I know this is kinda vague but maybe someone else has experienced this problem before or knows something I can try.

·
Registered
785 Posts
What are your idle mixture screws turned out to(2 corner or 4 corner idle)? Whats the pump squirter size? Does the primary pump squirter operate immediately when you open the throttle? And last of all what size carb. and who built it for you?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Pro Systems 845cfm, 4 corner idle, they are turned out 1.5 to 2, squirter is 40 and it works immediately.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Try swapping a known good carb with one of your buddies to see if it is the carb or something else. A lot of issues are blamed on carbs that are not the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts