Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts on where water could be leaking into my 2005 Pilot? It's been a great SUV except for the water getting into the passengers side floorboard. I bought it new and I know it's not been wrecked. It has 97K miles on it and I would like to give it to my son when he turns 16 this spring, but I'm starting to worry about the mold. I have had it a a couple of body shops and no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Is that a hard thing to diagnose.....it would really be amazing if no one figgured out a leaking heater case due to stopped up drain etc. but in this day of underpaid auto repair amigos it would be no suprize

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Asked my dad(advisor at Honda for 16 years or so now). Asked if the windshield had been replaced? Also, he said to give him a call tomorrow, and he will look up whether there are any Honda bulletins or anything. 916-482-5400 and ask for Kevin Curley in service. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
619 Posts
i'm a honda tech and those are the first two things that come to mind also, ac drain, or windshield being replaced and not sealed correctly

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
I just bought a 2007 in the summer and so far so good. Hopefully mine doesn't do this! Only problem I've had so far is after having it less than 30 days the bastard left me stranded 3 hours from home due to a clogged catalytic converter.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
ya know im no genius but ya know that car has a cabin air filter.bout all cars from 04 up have them.its behind the glove box.ive worked on all kinds and this is better than me wording it out.so i found oyu a link for it.moisture and water get into these.especially if in a region with alot of recent rainfall.it can be leaking from seal inside the unit.only way you can tell is take it apart and look.this is morelikely ya cause.ya can also tell if ya have funny smell when just running fresh air and not running ac or heat.this will also keep ya healthy.molds and allergins.heres a link thats good enough to follow with pics boss.hit me back with the results
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/18-maintenance/20409-easier-diy-cabin-air-filter-replacement.html

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
if not it do the paper test on ya door.take a peice of paper and slide it around the door jam with door shut.if it moves it can leak.or is someone smokes in it just have them blow around it from the inside.if leaks ya see smoke on outside.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
checked it yet boss?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
i'm a honda tech and those are the first two things that come to mind also, ac drain, or windshield being replaced and not sealed correctly
right on point, 11 years in honda never saw anything other than this

·
Registered
565 Posts
There may be some missing seam sealer in the right side forward bulkhead. You'll need to remove the right front fender and look at the vertical seam where the box stifner and firewall meet. The obvious a/c drain and sunroof drains should be looked at first. Did the water leak occur while driving or while parked? If it was parked was it a severe rain storm?

Good Luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ck the seem under the right front of the dash remove the fuse box cover and the windshield molding .make sure you pull back the carpet ,put a water hose on the roof take a flash light look between the dash the body you should see the water coming in

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have been a honda tech for 15 years my wife has a pilot now and we had windsheild installed and that was my leak you can take glass cleaner and spray outside of windshield and then take air blower on inside and find leak that way but more than likely it is a/c drain if it has a sunroof it could be stop up if you park under trees let the sunroof back and look in the front corners and you should be able to see if it is clogged hope this help..............

1 - 20 of 21 Posts