Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuner thinks i have one of the wires wrong because I'm only getting 5 its of boost off of watergate the dome isn't working! Im needing to know what color of wire goes to the holley (trigger) and which one for 5volts. I have the HP computer on a LS1 6.0. Thanks Bill

·
Beyond old
3,891 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link and i went thru it pretty well and that's how i have it but for some damn reason i can't get the dome PSI to work. Tried the trans brake button and i get no response which the trans brake works fine.. Cant get it to build any boost. Fuck if i know. lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We meaning me and a friend of mine who is really good with the Holley can't for the life of us figure out why I can't build boost? He said he's never seen this before using the trans brake button after letting go the ball doesn't move at. I've triple checked the wiring and settings. I have a air tank in the trunk PSI set at 60 and pulling the line off going into the mac valve there's plenty of air but no air coming out of the mac valves going to the waste gates the dome is reading -4 with the car running. I have two mac valves and a single 60mm JPS gate with a single BW 80 mm turbo. I'm not sure what to look for at this point? Last weekend I thought for sure I had found the problem I took off the PSI sensor and put it on the fuel and it read 0 fuel PSI so the sensor was bad but I had a new one so I replaced it but still no boost. Anyone?

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Cheap china sensors? If you run cheap stuff, there is a good chance the cheap sensor color codes does not match the holley. The sesnor should have come with a chart to tell you what pin is what, and then you need to match it to the holley. My holley ssi sensors (yes, they're expensive) have been on my street car 5 years without issue. I would probably pay my holley tuner guy to unwire, and unhose the entire boost control system as you have it now, and rewire/rehose it to his standards to ensure something isn't messed up. For the most part, its plug and play when you use the holley products. Yes you will need to make a harness for the dome sensor, but that's only 3 wires and getting it pinned correctly in the connector at the ecu. It sounds like you are beyond frustrated at this point, and sometimes you need someone else to go through and find what frustration isn't letting you see.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it right! I went thru all the wiring and had to figure out which wire was 5 volts and which was the trigger wire on the plug coming off the sensor. I changed the input thinking something was wrong there but that wasn't the case I figure out by testing that the fill mac valve is working but the second mac valve is not working. Tested the sensor by putting it on the fuel which it is working and I've triple checked the wiring and its correct so I ordered another mac valve and sensor and set up a appointment with my tuner to figure out the problem Saturday the 15th. Thanks for your help! For the record I'm inexperienced with the Holley tuning and something could be set wrong in the setup causing the problem along with the other problems mentioned .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts