Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we just built a new combination to try and run X275- used to running SBNOS on 26x8.5s... we built this new BBNOS combination, and we're really struggling to get this thing down the track.

have changed converters- was a good move
changed front springs and rear springs- was a good move think they were too heavy before

we had the shocks re valved a few weeks ago- afco big guns- they were pretty wore out, we now have some consistent control out back

at the same time we had the shocks re done, we moved our control arms around to try and hit the tires softer- in doing this we started looking into instant center, anti squat etc...

out last move really made it hit the tires softer (maybe too soft)

as the car sat our last time out our measurements came to be as follows

IC-73.42
Ant-60.9
ICH-8.77

you guys think the IC TOO Long? and the anti squat% too small?

whats a good starting point for these cars to get them to go down the track on Radials? we're 0-6 so far this year on radials... went back to the slicks that we know... we've only made it down the track a hand full of times now... have made 25+ hits on the car with very little data to learn anything from

Any help very much appreciated, as we're chasing our tails right now.

Thanks in advance

Eric

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
You have to get over 100% anti squat or your picking the rear tires up. Works for slicks where you need wheel speed but not Radials. You want it to hit then hold the hit. You will want the comp set tight on the back. Slow the front to use as a limiter an so it does not just top out in the first 3 feet.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Team Z to the rescue! Listen and Learn from EVERYTHING he says! Waaay to long and not enough A/S!

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
My Anti squat ended up being 113 and my IC is a lot shorter than that. I have the numbers wrote down somewhere.

·
Registered
400 Posts
good luck with it Eric, I have about half or less, of the power you guys do and I cant get mine to hook I have almost worn a set of radials out trying, when you guys get it to working I will have to pick your brains a little haha

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
good luck with it Eric, I have about half or less, of the power you guys do and I cant get mine to hook I have almost worn a set of radials out trying, when you guys get it to working I will have to pick your brains a little haha
What do you have in your car for shock,struts,rear arms and so on?

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
On ur fbody? How were u able to come about these numbers feel free to pm dont mean to hijack this thread
Extend a line from the rear pivot of the lower control arm (LCA)thru the front pivot forward past the transmission mount. Then a line is drawn perpendicular to the front end of the torque beam where it is attached at its rubber slider joint. This is basically a vertical line with the car at normal ride height. Where this vertical line crosses the line of the lower control arms is the side view Instant Center.

You can easily raise the IC by dropping the rear pivot height of the LCA. Also that different ride heights (lowered or raised car) change the IC height. Note that lowering the rear drops the IC, and therefore reduces the anti-squat unless LCA pivots are relocated.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

finally think we're making some forward progress with the car. went down the car three hits in a row. tried radials and it moved for .6 and whicked the tires. think we're still having a shock issue... we're addressing that right now. hope to make some more hits this Friday. I'll keep you posted. You know we're more than happy to help anyone out with any information we have... this unfortunately happens to be something we have very little knowledge... at least how to make it work... we're getting a bunch of information on how not to make it work however!

·
Registered
400 Posts
finally think we're making some forward progress with the car. went down the car three hits in a row. tried radials and it moved for .6 and whicked the tires. think we're still having a shock issue... we're addressing that right now. hope to make some more hits this Friday. I'll keep you posted. You know we're more than happy to help anyone out with any information we have... this unfortunately happens to be something we have very little knowledge... at least how to make it work... we're getting a bunch of information on how not to make it work however!
I know you guys will get it figured out, this is just a learning curve for you and Martin, sometimes I think you guys are too good to people, trying to race a car and going to everyones pits to help them also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
How do you check for IC/ANTI SQUAT/ICH I'm no suspension guy but how do you check those numbers? do you need to weigh the front and back of the car too?

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
My car the frame rails are 3 inches above the 8.8 housing. I have the lower control arm 3/4" down on bracket pointing almost 1 degree up. My front end has 55% with 1" slack in the chains. I use S/A rear shocks set on 6 clicks and the ram of shock is about 1" out of shock at rest. My anit roll is neutral with me in it full weight i'm using 3.55s with M/T 275 pros. You're going to find power managment, proper converter, gear will be key to making this work. You can't put the same power on the hit like you did slicks you still have to hit the radial. Apply more power if it shakes and take advantage of your D/A shocks to allow chassis to seperate more on shitty tracks hitting tires harder. It's all power managament. I'm Procharged and the other night my pulley sheared off the blower and car still had a great 60 ft

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What is the new power plant? BBF? If so what heads and intake?

Car looks to be working good!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts