Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am running the front cover for a ls engine to run a dizzy, but what I am running into is, that the double roller timing chain I got came with spacers to shim out the oil pump. that all went on fine but when I went to put the front cover on it rubbed, so i ground where it was touching. no biggie right!! ok well than i go to put the ATI hub for the balancer on, and I measure before installing it and it was going to be close, long story short. The back of the hub is slightly rubbing against the oil pump drive on the snout of the crank. has any one ran into this?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ok I am running the front cover for a ls engine to run a dizzy, but what I am running into is, that the double roller timing chain I got came with spacers to shim out the oil pump. that all went on fine but when I went to put the front cover on it rubbed, so i ground where it was touching. no biggie right!! ok well than i go to put the ATI hub for the balancer on, and I measure before installing it and it was going to be close, long story short. The back of the hub is slightly rubbing against the oil pump drive on the snout of the crank. has any one ran into this?
I've seen this happen. I'm pretty sure you can have the hub turned down a little to get clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts