Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started building a cell, front mount, and ran out of room so the normal position you would put the pick up i can't fit.

I need to come up with a way to transition the fuel 90 degrees inside the cell and come out the bottom, but still ensure it is a really good pickup that will never let me down

Got some pics to explain and show where im at if they make sense.

Loosing sleep over this! Needs to be perfect so if i need to start over or change something i will

Cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Appreciate any help or constructive critisism, Cheers

The original pickup hole in the last pic obviously will be covered if i can work something out to get it underneath

·
Registered
566 Posts
A 90 degree hose end wont work on the bottom of the tank?
You could leave it on the side but make a 50mm recess in the tank along that bottom edge so the fitting will not protrude past the outside line of the tank.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the turkey helps the thinking!

90 degree hose end on the bottom of the tank would work but the pickup then being on the bottom i was worried might be a problem under hard acceleration.

I could possibly move the whole lower section of the back wall towards the front to allow a normal positioned pickup

·
Registered
400 Posts
youll be fine just like the first pic i have a aluminum cell up front and its set up just like it no baffle inside and it sixtys in the teens no problems so far

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
youll be fine just like the first pic i have a aluminum cell up front and its set up just like it no baffle inside and it sixtys in the teens no problems so far
The one with just the fitting underneath?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wondering that, after the initial hit the underneath pick up should actually flow the best yeah? That lower little cap i put on the back wall to hold some fuel down, maybe a smaller version of that on the floor to capture the fuel heading backwards so it can only go down the pick up?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like to put a complete baffle with punched directional holes (the type you use for roll cage to body brackets) that encourage flow toward the pickup.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like that? I can definatly move the back wall in as one option, but i think that would mean not being able to fit the nice Weldon pre filter i got, with underneath it also gives me couple of inches more from the pickup to the pump inlet

·
Registered
400 Posts
the 1 with the fitting in the back toward the rear will be just fine i have it set up like that on mine with a 12 an 90 of going to my pump and it works flawless

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Do not feed from the bottom it will pull a vortex like flushing your toilet and cavatate the pump. But it will rotate the oppose way in assie land lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had a play on the weekend, despite not being able to fit a weld-on and hose end in and be able to undo it, i did have almost 2 inches so i worked out i can get a 90 from a 1" od aluminium radius which has a id just bigger than 3/4 so perfect for feeding -12. This way i can keep all the capacity in the tank and have a hose end pointing down but still utilise the standard pick up style everyone has success with

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I would go ahead and put the fitting on the bottom like you wanted. Then fab a small sheet metal "elbow" or "baffle" to weld INSIDE the tank around the fitting. This gets the location you want and will prevent the feared "tornado" effect at the pickup.

Should be a win+win.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was my original plan but I got worried because the hole wouldn't be on the back wall so fuel could pass it rather than be forced down the pick up.

Seen as it's 15" tall I'm probably over thinking it but I want to be certain it's all good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts