Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i only have a olympus fe-280 camera. Had it for the past 3 years.
Im interested in a new point and shoot camera. But I dont know where to start off at and which brand is good or not. Plus what different features are good to have. Im trying to get more into takin pictures at the local car shows, meets, drag races, people and cons i go to. Plus not looking to spend over $550.

please chip in and help me out some.

thanks.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go to the local book store and buy the book Understanding Exposure. Read it and that will answer a lot of the questions you have and will help you with photography in general.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im looking at the Canon PowerShot SX20IS, Canon PowerShot SX30IS and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100

but im thinking if i want to wait and get allittle more money up and try to get a dslr. what is a good one 800?

·
9,638 Posts
i know people with the lumix P&S and the G series P&S and both love them. actually the guy with the lumix does studio and portrait work as a side business with it, so it cant be all that bad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay its between the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35, Canon PowerShot SX20IS, Canon G11 and Lumix DMC G2.

what are the best feature for taking pictures at the track?

·
9,638 Posts
your not going to get professional results from a non professional camera that you dont know about. ive seen some people get just awesome pictures from point n shoots, but they also know exactly how to set them up to do so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts