Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dude local to me is selling an 01 Z28 that supposedly has a 6L swap from a 07 Savana van. Im trying to look around online and see which engine that is and it seems 50/50 split between an LQ4 and L96.

The engine supposedly has ~20K on it, the chassis has 85K. Plan is cam and 150 shot an mess around for the rest of the year and then take the engine and trans out and put it in my 82 vette.

I just want to know what engine Im possibly looking at and know absolutely shit about identifying truck engines.

He's asking 4K for the Camaro so i pretty much plan on buying it either way just for the engine/trans and PCM/harness just for the swap to my vette

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im supposed to go look at it tonight, what heads would the LQ4 have on it? Ive only ever dealt with LS1 and LS7 stuff so I'm out of my element as far as stock parts go

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks. Im getting ready to leave to head over there. Ill check back in after and see how this goes.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
^^ What he said about the cam sensor. If the oil pressure sender is on the block its a gen III if its on the valley cover its a gen IV. Also the Gen III has the knock sensors in the valley cover holes. A L96 would have 823 (square port) heads.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
most important is to look at the front of the block to make sure it says 6.0, lol, along with the other advice

·
1,568 Posts

·
1,568 Posts
Im pretty sure those 6.0s in vans were detuned . I did a search on stats for 07 savanna 6.0s and could not find nothing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so I just got back. It's Def a 6l with 317 heads and an ls6 intake. For 4k I think I'm going to buy it would make for a he'll of a cheap little heads cam nitrous fun car with the parts I have left over from my 02 ss

1 - 12 of 12 Posts