Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this on the supercharger site also, could use the help

starting up my 522 BBC F2 reverse mount Chevy II

having issues with the EFI settings, i am new to this but have been getting valuble help from Ryan at steve morris and a buddy of mine.

finally got it running but plugs dripping wet and floods out fast, have to hold throttle 1/4 open to keep running

i did not want to contiue untill i had someone look over my file and see where i messed up

here is the major info

1967 chevy II
522 cid 4.560 bore 4.0 stroke
dart 320 heads, ported, 410 cfm @ 0.700" @ 28" great exh #s also
11.0 to 1 aries hard anodized pistons
roller cam i bought from steve morris, cam motion
3 bar holley map sensor
no idle air control motor
90 mm throttle body
holley TPS
T400 trans, no trans brake
4.56 rear gear
10" pro tourque nitrous/blower convertor
220 precision/seimans injectors
new edelbrock/curtis boggs super victor intake
T&D 1.7 rockers

i am starting the motor up on 93 octane pump gas and purple cam cam mixed 1/2 and 1/2, timing on a light is about 24-25 BTDC

here is my email address , i can send someone the holley file and look it over

[email protected]

i really could use some help, i am lost here

thanks in advance

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,640 Posts
May be able to help some, but I need to see a datalog too. How many lbs/hr of fuel are you idling at? Did you check the timing before doing anything else? I pull all the plugs out, unplug the fuel injector harness, and crank it over to make sure the cranking timing matches between what you see with the timing light and what the ECM is set for (in System Paramaters / Ignition Paramaters / Cranking Timing).

[email protected] is my email address.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I answered in the supercharged section a little more in depth but you need to up your crank to run rpm to get the cranking fuel table to respond.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
43.5 in the ecu and at the regulator, ryan brought up a good point about the cranking rpm, i need to check that and fix the timing issue first

yellow bullet is incredible !!! no where else can you get expert help right away from people you hardly know !!! whom actually give a s*it about car problems :) :) !!!

thanks for the time !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts