Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed intake,carb, pistons,tune up, crank trigger. I keep hurting #8. 565 BBC Will give all info that's needed. Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Running a plate 93 nitrous jet. Nothing big. 565 BBC. 15to1. Dart 355 cnc pro1 head super victor intake pro systems 1200 dominator. It's a long rod so the comp ht is 1.120. Had a custom piston made. Helped alittle. I got 12 1/8 mile runs rather then 3. I am using a edelbrock progressive because of the drag radial tire

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i was hurting #8 for a while there also on my 598. It all depends on HOW your hurting the pistion. Pic are worth alot for a good answer on this on IMO. Then ALL the specs and info on the car. or just call steve or monte.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Running a plate 93 nitrous jet. Nothing big. 565 BBC. 15to1. Dart 355 cnc pro1 head super victor intake pro systems 1200 dominator. It's a long rod so the comp ht is 1.120. Had a custom piston made. Helped alittle. I got 12 1/8 mile runs rather then 3. I am using a edelbrock progressive because of the drag radial tire
Sounds like one of Brian's pistons. I'm gonna guess that it lipped the intake VR. What fuel are you running?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have spoken with both. The plate is from steve at IS. Was told it was to much fuel. Went from 85 fuel jet to 79. Changed carb also. Was told it was the piston so went with a custom one. Kinda confused why this is happening. Was told the plate was flowed and I'm changing the tune up from how it was sent to me.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
whats your timing on the juice?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a Brian Roache engine. Aries custom piston. Was wondering how you knew that. 21 total timing with a 93n and 79f. Bottle press at 900-950. Fuel 5.5-6.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
It is a Brian Roache engine. Aries custom piston. Was wondering how you knew that. 21 total timing with a 93n and 79f. Bottle press at 900-950. Fuel 5.5-6.
I'm good like that.:smt082 I just knew it sounded familiar. Were you at PRI with him this year?

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
wow what a jet spread..timing looks normal though.how do the plugs look?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was at PRI. The first two pistons lifted the top land at around 3to2 o'clock The second land looks pushed down from 3to11 o'clock

·
1,344 Posts
I would think you need to take a step back to a smaller jetting that you know works, spend some time fine tuning it, then start working your way back up.

Sean

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Started with 93n 82f. Looked like it had some color. Went to 79f jet at 6lbs looked better. Went to 5.5lbs looked good. Not sure how to post pics Have pics of plugs and pistons. Timing has been at 21 total since replacing pistons. Last year ran 24 total timing but after this problem wanted to be safe. O even went with a looser converter because I thought the load from a tight converter wasent helping. I am lost. I never thought I would gave this issue with a conv head BBC with a 300 shot plate

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I started with a 73 then 82 then 93. Never had an issue untill the 93 jet. Was wondering. If I found what nitrous fuel ratio was right with a 73 jet would it be the same ratio with a 93 jet. Any help would be great

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Hello Bobby,

To post pics you need to post them to the web first using a service like photobucket, then once the picture is posted on photobucket go to that picture and double click it to expand the picture and then right click it and select properties, which will give you the webaddress of the picture, copy it, now select the button 4 to the left of the one that says PHP and paste in the address.

This is my ex at the Creek without double clicking first,

and here is the picture after clicking so you can see how important its going to be to double click,

1 - 20 of 35 Posts