Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in n/a but the boosted community is my home as im am going turbo ass soon as i get this thing running.

hey guys i have a big chevy 565 engine starts and shuts off right off like it has a huge vacuum leak, i replaced lifters and valve springs put on new mls gaskets and torqed head bolts down to 85 pounds like arp says i should. i used EOIC method to adjust valves, i put in new crane cams hyd roller lifters and used the up and down method to remove lash and then set preload 1/2 turn. i need sugestions i set timing marker at 30 and droped distributor it fires right up with a squirt of fuel from accelorator pumps but will shut right off not even 2 seconds after and it will not rev and giving it fuel will not keep it running. i have ngk 7 plugs in it and i was running them before i had the heads ported and springs installed. I put on all new gaskets and intake ports lined up as the should. please help i cant figure this thing out. has me beat i smoke checked the intake system and didnt get any excesive smoke coming out of crankcase or along the intake. any sugestions will be great

ps spring pressure is 200 on seat and 475 open could this be collasping the lifters, i called crane and they told me i should be able to run up to 600 pounds on their lifters with no problems. where would you guys start looking.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Hydraulic roller I assume?? 600lbs on a .843 hyd roller lifter I doubt. Are they the semi-solid short travel lifters. Have you verified it 8th not a spark ignition loss issue?? What ignition??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has daytona sensors cd 1 ignition system installed right now. but it worked fine before i did top end rebuild but i will drop in a hei and see if it runs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts