Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my house i have a 2 stage ac heat pump. but the heat pump portion has been removed and a propane heater installed. the heater would not fire this year and had a hvac guy come out to tell me my thermostat had to be on emergency heat for the heater to fire. he said to avoid all that to get an electric thermostat (since i still had an old lennox 28g9801 mercury thermostat). well yesterday i had no heat. tapped on the mercury and it sparked. figured it was no good since repair man said it was going. now im having trouble wiring the new thermostat that i got. its an filtrete 3m-22. i wired up all the wires i had and tried all the different jumper locations but the installation instructions doesnt show a scematic with all of the wires i have...can someone please help me?

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wires that I have connected are C, O, W2, Y, Y2, RH, G and A

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so at my thermostat i have 30 volts to the rh and 30 volts to the w. went to the unit in my crawl space and and signal wasnt making it to the haeter. so i bypassed the relay box that was used when the house had a heat pump and now i get power to my heater but it still isnt firing. i have a carrier comfort 92. i want to check the circuit to see why my encoder motor isnt coming on..but i cant find any schematics for it or component location...can anyone help me please?

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one?

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I know nothing about heat or electric. From what you have posted i would reccomend putting the mercury thermostat back in and tap it.

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did that..didnt work lol.. the relay box in my basement was bad..so i had a friends boss come over and he wired it directly..now i have heat!!!

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
Sounds like you have a break in the thermostat wire. Did your buddy jumper the r and w terminals on the furnace board?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts