Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wanting to build a twin turbo setup consisting of two pt88 turbos that i recently bought but want to build more of a smaller cubic inch motor..what would be the smallest yet most reliable and anyone have anything similar.wanting to keep it 302 bases or 351w,no big stroker.any references would help please.is a mustang coupe build.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Twin PT88's and a 351 based stroker even will be hard to spool those turbos. I would say the smallest you will want is a 408. Your asking alot of that motor to get those two puppies moving.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yea,you are gonna need at least a 3.75 stroke and even then it's gonna be a challange to get fast spool time with twin 88's... If your ok with useing a 351 deck block why not go at least 400" or bigger? Get a 4" stroke crank and run as big a bore as whatever block you choose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks..also looking to get around 1200 hp but don't want to push it as hard as a single turbo to get there..or am i going in the wrong direction?also wanting to do it blow thru also..

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
thanks..also looking to get around 1200 hp but don't want to push it as hard as a single turbo to get there..or am i going in the wrong direction?also wanting to do it blow thru also..
You can do 1200 crank Hp with just 1 PT88 and a 351 ci motor all day long......just depends on whether the motor can stay together or not. Twin PT88's is overkill my friend....

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
You can do 1200 crank Hp with just 1 PT88 and a 351 ci motor all day long......just depends on whether the motor can stay together or not. Twin PT88's is overkill my friend....
X2 A single will get you where you want.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
347-36? with a single 88mm will get you where you want to go. SOme good ass heads and let her eat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts