Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T/S 368E
33,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tried to search & google has a zillion listed.
Which make & model has anyone used, so I can narrow down my search.

Thanks guys.

OH, did it make much difference over the standard house unit, because my water bath uses that style.
A buddy suggested I upgrade to digital, so it's more reliable & safer if you walk away??

·
Registered
86 Posts
http://www.etcsupply.com/

I have the Ranco ETC Controller. The original unit I purchased from Grainger did not work, but they replaced it with no problem. I have used it this year and it works well.

I have heard that the Johnson Controller might be a better product.

I also purchased the Thermal Well, as I was not sure if the temperature probe would last long directly submerged in water.

·
Registered
489 Posts
x2 on the Ranco model. I use these in outdoor Hydronic heaters. Also use the Johnson Controls A419 model which is digital also. Never had an issue with either of them. Simple to program.

I planned on building my bottle heater with the A419, because I have on on the shelf.

http://www.etcsupply.com/

I have the Ranco ETC Controller. The original unit I purchased from Grainger did not work, but they replaced it with no problem. I have used it this year and it works well.

I have heard that the Johnson Controller might be a better product.

I also purchased the Thermal Well, as I was not sure if the temperature probe would last long directly submerged in water.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used the johnson A419 also. Got it from mcmaster carr I believe. It was like $69. Works great once you find the temp you need to set it at to get the bottles at the temp you are looking for Just leave it and it maintains very well. My Bottles are always within .2 degrees of each other.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
93' for us

·
T/S 368E
33,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The guy I talked to uses 96*.
I'm a little above the 90* mark on mine, and the carbon bottles are at 1150, which is about right by the time I wait in staging??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts