Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting togethor a system for my buddies car. Currently the set up is mild. Maybe 375 HP on motor, and spraying up to 250 on a plate. I know there's no such thing as too much fuel pump! Looking for suggestion for a good street duty pump that will allow this combination to grow. This cars main goal is street duty with some track visits. It will get -10 line to the front, so i'm looking for pump and regulator suggestions, I am going to run a Y for the NOS system up front with a holley reg. Prefer something with a bypass at the pump so i don't have a return line. What do you guys think!?? ALso if you guys have pics of the Y set up on your cars i would appreciate it. Thinking -10 to teh Y and 8 to motor reg, and 6 to nos reg. THis is a fox body car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My opinion is for a car that will see alot of street duty, run 2 pumps/systems. But I am a NA guy.;)

I like Mallory, a 140 feeds my car to 10 flat.

Run a 140 for the engine and a second smaller 110 will feed your N2O. If worried, run a second 140.

Run a return on the 140 and a holley reg with a bleed on the 110.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Mafnafuel 500 will feed both if you have to buy a system. Do it once and you won't need another pump later when you decide more power is needed.

·
Registered
900 Posts
i run 2 holley hp 150 . 1 for n/a and the other for the juice they r continuous duty and very quiet . also the mallorys are continuous duty also.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Mafnafuel 500 will feed both if you have to buy a system. Do it once and you won't need another pump later when you decide more power is needed.

MF ProStar 500 is what i use and remember he said the car was going to get A LOT of street use. Might wanna back down to the QuickStar 275 or 300 for the street use with the 625ish max HP, but i'd call MF and discuss with them. Just my .02

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MF ProStar 500 is what i use and remember he said the car was going to get A LOT of street use. Might wanna back down to the QuickStar 275 or 300 for the street use with the 625ish max HP, but i'd call MF and discuss with them. Just my .02
I was looking into the 275 or 300. Seems to me they are very conservative on HP ratings of the pump. If you look at any other pump manufacturer they rate their pumps double what they do. I think PE does the same...why is this? Mallory 250 pump is rated to over 1000HP?? What gives!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holly reg 803 will suit you just fine.
On the motor side as well? I always see guys running the holley 803 on NOS and one of the $$regulators on the motor... After reading what Steve has to say about the holley regs. why would anyone invest the 100$ plus for the motor side...why not use the 803 on both...insight please.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
no sorry for the mis-read into what i meant.........

803 on the Nitrous side

and i'd use a MF 9633 on the motor side with your set up (i now only use MF products for my fuel delivery setups) and i won't say who i won't use no more. I will be doing a QuickStar 300 set up next week for motor and Nitrous set up, up to 300HP with Nitrous.

The explaination you want will come later from me, unless someone else will do it. I have some bids to get out ASAP.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Does Aeromotive have a pump that has a bypass at the pump? I am really trying to avoid a return line. Also what PN regulator would you use?

Thanks Steve and all who has input!
A -2000 has the bypass return on the pump with a built in regulator and gauge to set the psi going to the front

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no sorry for the mis-read into what i meant.........

803 on the Nitrous side

and i'd use a MF 9633 on the motor side with your set up (i now only use MF products for my fuel delivery setups) and i won't say who i won't use no more. I will be doing a QuickStar 300 set up next week for motor and Nitrous set up, up to 300HP with Nitrous.

The explaination you want will come later from me, unless someone else will do it. I have some bids to get out ASAP.

I'm going to assume the answer, but i'll wait for it.

I have a certain companies fuel stuff i won't ever use again too...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts