Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 12.00 Index class, car runs 12.4-12.5 NA. Ran 11.5-11.6 w/100 shot in 85-90 heat, ran 11.5-11.6 w/70 shot at 60-65 degrees, should run 10.9-11.1 on a 150 shot. I just got my Digiset timer, so how much should I spray it 100 or 150? I don't want to be too fast at the stripe so I can judge where I am at. Also how about a guess on where to start delay time wise.
I hope to run a Friday night T&T, a Saturday bracket race and then the Index race Saturday night. If it works out (have to get open trailer and motorhome ready) I should have time to dial it in before the Index race.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i used to run a 10.00 index and had a 10.30 car on motor. What i did and i think works best is use the digiset to shut the nitrous OFF after say .3 or more That gives you a nice 60 foot and you are on motor at the strip so its easier to drive the stripe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im guessing your using a plate kit i used to run small pills in the 20's and take a little timing out and run it from the hit and tune it with pills to run the number.

·
Registered
932 Posts
i used to run a 10.00 index and had a 10.30 car on motor. What i did and i think works best is use the digiset to shut the nitrous OFF after say .3 or more That gives you a nice 60 foot and you are on motor at the strip so its easier to drive the stripe.
Wouldn't it be better to delay the hit ... say a sec or 2 ... and have the nitrous come on? Would almost act like a throttle stop and you would run them down? No expert here ... just curious?

·
T/S 368E
31,127 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to delay the hit ... say a sec or 2 ... and have the nitrous come on? Would almost act like a throttle stop and you would run them down? No expert here ... just curious?

That's what most of the guys I know do, unless they have such a tight set up they can't get a consistent launch.

·
Registered
576 Posts

Thats what I said for him to do 2 months ago in his other thread about this. Apparently he doesn't think I know what I am talking about.....

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
I do exactly what Tony stated above. I needed the extra poop off the line to hit the 500 Pro Tree since my car does not 60 ft. The nitrous is on for about 1.0 seconds, then shuts-off. If I need more power down track I simply cycle the nitrous system with either the Master N2O Switch or my right foot. I do pretty good with this setup. If you are good on the tree now then you don't want even more power off the line and will want to delay the hit a lot and run it out the backdoor. Doing it this way though you can't add more power later downtrack if you need it.

·
T/S 368E
31,127 Posts

You can always use an oh shit button that bypass' the timer!!
If you know you had a soft launch and won't run the number, it's there to try and save the round.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
I suggested just pulling timing out, to slow the car to the number, but don't guess he liked that idea either.

If using a timer, the best way is to run a pretty big shot on the car, but leave on motor and turn nitrous on late. When bracket or index racing racing, guys will run up on you, thinking you were late and start lifting. When the spray comes on, they can't catch you. Works very well.

Monte

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
If you can hit the tree, delay it...if not, hit it from home and shut it off

I do exactly what Tony stated above. I needed the extra poop off the line to hit the 500 Pro Tree since my car does not 60 ft. The nitrous is on for about 1.0 seconds, then shuts-off. If I need more power down track I simply cycle the nitrous system with either the Master N2O Switch or my right foot. I do pretty good with this setup. If you are good on the tree now then you don't want even more power off the line and will want to delay the hit a lot and run it out the backdoor. Doing it this way though you can't add more power later downtrack if you need it.
When are you gonna put some jet in that bitch and let it eat??:p

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would put a 250 shot in it. Delay activation for whatever it takes to run 12.0 and run them down with lots of mph. Its very hard to judge a fast car coming on at the stipe. I've learned my lesson running against 170mph dragsters.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I said for him to do 2 months ago in his other thread about this. Apparently he doesn't think I know what I am talking about.....
I never doubted your knowledge and if you look at my last post in the other thread you will see I haven't had the car out for 2 months.
I wanted to try the small jets and pulling timing first, didn't slow it enough.
Monte pulling timing probably would work, I pulled some and it didn't make much difference I was afraid to pull to much.
My main question was to decide how much to spray now, some seem to say go Big or go Home.
Thanks for all the replys, I do appreciate the advice.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
If you can hit the tree, delay it...if not, hit it from home and shut it off

When are you gonna put some jet in that bitch and let it eat??:p
First pass tonight was 10.06 with 1.2 seconds of a .047 jet. Second pass was a 10.02 with 1.4 seconds of a .047 jet but rolled-in more to hit the tree so it was probably closer to 10.0. Had it set for 1.5 seconds for first round so it should have run 9.98 or so, but it rained...........

Doing it this way I can re-activate the system with the 100hp shot at anytime down the track if I need a little more.

I also have the 300hp kit ready to go if I need it from tire spin, but my shyt is so slow I never spin!

Joe, I have only hit it with 400hp so far, but the chassis tuning has to change some when I do that crap. Been 8.9 @ 155 so far and have another 500rpm to go in the traps. ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If using a timer, the best way is to run a pretty big shot on the car, but leave on motor and turn nitrous on late. When bracket or index racing racing, guys will run up on you, thinking you were late and start lifting. When the spray comes on, they can't catch you. Works very well.

Monte
Neat idea. What would also be a sneaky move is to have 2 or 3 different setups that you could interchange during the event. Keep your competitor guessing when the hit's coming, launch/midtrack/top end charge.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
Neat idea. What would also be a sneaky move is to have 2 or 3 different setups that you could interchange during the event. Keep your competitor guessing when the hit's coming, launch/midtrack/top end charge.
That won't work on me, but I'd gladly like to see people try it. ;)

As soon as you leave the line you know before 10 ft out wether you tree'd the other lane or not. After that it's all a matter of a little bit of time.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
First pass tonight was 10.06 with 1.2 seconds of a .047 jet. Second pass was a 10.02 with 1.4 seconds of a .047 jet but rolled-in more to hit the tree so it was probably closer to 10.0. Had it set for 1.5 seconds for first round so it should have run 9.98 or so, but it rained...........

Doing it this way I can re-activate the system with the 100hp shot at anytime down the track if I need a little more.

I also have the 300hp kit ready to go if I need it from tire spin, but my shyt is so slow I never spin!

Joe, I have only hit it with 400hp so far, but the chassis tuning has to change some when I do that crap. Been 8.9 @ 155 so far and have another 500rpm to go in the traps. ;)
Hey Mike, what's your 1/8 times like?? Just curious:)

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
Slow.............. 5.70 @ 122. Ed was right, get it to 60ft and then spray it to go faster. This thing just don't leave. Feels like I'm towing the wifes race car behind me!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just got my Digiset timer, so how much should I spray it 100 or 150? I don't want to be too fast at the stripe so I can judge where I am at.
Digiset timers work, but the T-Stop side of a delay box is better IMO. You have finer adjustment and it can be turned on/off and then back on/off again if you want to really screw up your opponent.
If I'm running a calss that is a few tenths slower than me on 1 kit I turn it on late so the race is in front of me. If I have to run 1 kit most of the way, I adjust my timing up or down (with 7531) to where I can turn the spray on in the .080-.150 range.

Consistancy is in the TUNE UP!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts