Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new 12' jeep tomorrow and first think I do is replace the crappy ass 600cca battery wit something strong. I had the sears version of Odyssey batter BUT Jeep decided to change it from a group 35 to a group 91. The Mopar Replacement is 48. Need help on something that is close to Odyssey, I don't care if it is another re-brand sears battery. As I have a winch and alot of electrical items on the jeep as well.

Thanks
Dustin

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
What sizes will fit? Have you checked Odyssey's site for a unit close size wise? Or are you willing to modify the battery tray/location to fit a larger battery in?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ray, glad to see you didn't leave!! I have not gotten the jeep yet I take delievery tomorrow. I've been to odyessy site but they don't list sizes in groups...unless I'm not looking in the right spot. I would like to stick with stock size battery honestly.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
If you got yto stick with a stock size, get a MF7 (whatever group size you want), i.e. MF734 for a gorup size 34. From Deka, it will only be a wetcell battery. But the plates are coated and secured at the bottom with epoxy, so it is a little more durable than an average battery.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ray, Sorry I've been MIA but I can't find that battery anywhere. I Google the model and went on Deka website to see where I could buy one of their batteries and nothing. I guess there dealer locator is not working or something another.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These should have dealer locations near you: http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl...,North+Carolina,+USA&cid=14682468288010582876

AGM battery listed as 9AGM48 and wet cell is 648MF (no 700 Series batteries avaliable), and a group 91 is 691MF

Ray I don't know hardly anything about Batteries when it comes which is better wet/ dry. I just want something that is like my Odyssey I had as that thing could take just about anything and still keep getting it

I went by the dealership today and they said the replacement is a group 48?? Why in the hell would they put a 91 if a replacement is 48?

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Group 91 is 3/4" shorter, otherwise same battery. Use the 9AGM48 number, if it is good, that will be like your Odyssey battery. If you will onlyt be on the street, the 648MF would work too, half price of the dry cell.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My only concern is when I have to use the winch. Trying to find the highest amp possible. Mine CCA is like 475 right now and HCA is 650 ish

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also where can I get these batteries? Batteries plus? Interstate? I live in Raleigh. Winston is about 2 hours away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts