Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Cobra w/fully built Sean Hyland Race engine and Dan Neumann Race Cars will building my twin turbo set up. I currently have a Blitz (SBC) sequential/boost/controler in the car when it was single turbo and was 90% street driven. Now since it going to be 50/50 I thought about the AMS 500 controler but was wondering how street friendly and can it be set on like 15 psi street and then turned up at the track. Thanks

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I ran the 500 for a long time. Super easy to use and yes, it can be set at whatever you want. Some people activate on a WOT switch, mine was on all the time with CO2. The only down side is that in order to make changes, you gotta remove the cover and because the MAP sensor is built in, it's really designed to be under the hood and not in the car.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Which ever controller you choose you can turn it off during regular street use and just run off your wastegate spring. Then when you get serious you just turn the controller on. That way you save CO2 also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am very satisfied with my Eboost 2. My boost is rock solid using the time based feature at the track(NO C02) and works well on the street.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Definitely give the Boost Leash a look as well. For the price and function it was an easy choice for me. Randy has been quick to answer any questions and was extremely helpful. I havent been down the track yet, hopefully this weekend, but using it on the street it has been more accurate and repeatable than anything Ive used yet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
MSBC-1 on my race car and street car. Wouldn't go with any other controller.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
MSBC-1 on my race car and street car. Wouldn't go with any other controller.
Man Im glad your having good luck with that one but I think you would see positive results with a controller like mine or the ams1000. The msbc-1 is old technology. Every customer I have that switched the msbc-1 to my controller pick up alot of performance. One local customer had been running a msbc-1 for 7-8 years or more. He always ran good and was hard to beat. He would run consistant 5.0's all the time. After his controller quit he bought one of mine. He went from 5.0's,high 4.90's to consistant 4.8's and a best of a 4.80. The msbc-1 has a tendancey to over shoot the boost in a spike on some aplications. And 1 or 2 #'s too much ends up in tire spin. But this is just my observation. if it works for you and your happy with the performance level your at then thats great.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Man Im glad your having good luck with that one but I think you would see positive results with a controller like mine or the ams1000. The msbc-1 is old technology. Every customer I have that switched the msbc-1 to my controller pick up alot of performance. One local customer had been running a msbc-1 for 7-8 years or more. He always ran good and was hard to beat. He would run consistant 5.0's all the time. After his controller quit he bought one of mine. He went from 5.0's,high 4.90's to consistant 4.8's and a best of a 4.80. The msbc-1 has a tendancey to over shoot the boost in a spike on some aplications. And 1 or 2 #'s too much ends up in tire spin. But this is just my observation. if it works for you and your happy with the performance level your at then thats great.
I tried the AMS-1000 and didn't like it. This is really easy to change on the street from 8 lbs to 19 lbs in a click. The ramp and stages work awesome. It is fool proof and easy, and I don't have any co2 hooked up nor solinoid clicking all the time. If I ever go to a newer controller, it will be either thourgh my Holley EFI dominator, MSD, or your boostleash; but for now I am more than happy with a MSBC-1 and point everyone to that inexpensive controller.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I tried the AMS-1000 and didn't like it. This is really easy to change on the street from 8 lbs to 19 lbs in a click. The ramp and stages work awesome. It is fool proof and easy, and I don't have any co2 hooked up nor solinoid clicking all the time. If I ever go to a newer controller, it will be either thourgh my Holley EFI dominator, MSD, or your boostleash; but for now I am more than happy with a MSBC-1 and point everyone to that inexpensive controller.
Good deal man. Hey if it works dont fix it. LOL.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
I like my AMS-1000 and Seb, the owner of NLR, updates the AMS-1000 for free when he creates new software. The newest version looks pretty bad ass. In 2 full season I have had zero problems with my AMS.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Boost leash 2 is awesome! Worked flawlessly for me!! Still workin the bugs out of everything else....but from the passes I've made it's awesome !!!!

·
KBX Performance
1,686 Posts
I like my AMS-1000 and Seb, the owner of NLR, updates the AMS-1000 for free when he creates new software. The newest version looks pretty bad ass. In 2 full season I have had zero problems with my AMS.
AMS-1000 is a great boost controller. We have been using the built in boost controller in the new FAST software and it works great also.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
hey hey hey easy there honk lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
I use my Boost leash 2 on the street and at the track and am on a 275 DR and it works real good and picked up just about 1/2sec off 1/4 mile over my mbc and it is real ez to use am super happy with the tech and fast shipping

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I have always used this AMS 1000, but lately it has been biting me in the ass.... Try the MSD, it is alot better controller... It gets rid of the ramp rates and figuring out the time adjusting the stages.. I think I was one of the last radial cars using the AMS, MSD is better for adjusting the boost curve....
Does your AMS , have the dot fuction update yet??? and if so, how does that compare to the MSD???

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
I have always used this AMS 1000, but lately it has been biting me in the ass.... Try the MSD, it is alot better controller... It gets rid of the ramp rates and figuring out the time adjusting the stages.. I think I was one of the last radial cars using the AMS, MSD is better for adjusting the boost curve....
Does your AMS , have the dot fuction update yet??? and if so, how does that compare to the MSD???
I have a MSD and the AMS. I hear what your saying about the ramp rates vs dots, but i'm really good with math and the ramp rates sort of come natural to me, but i fully understand how the way the MSD works appeals to some. I removed my MSD in favor of the Ams and after using both controllers i prefer the ams, but that is not to say the msd is not a good unit..

I race on a 275 radial so i do ramp boost in, and the ams is nice because I can make changes in the burnout box If i need to, no programmer or laptop needed.

My AMS does not have the new dot software yet, it's coming out of the car this week to get sent out for the update.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've never used anything else. The Boost Leash is awesome, easy to use and great support.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts