Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Need Advise for a friend - May be headed towards a divorse soon

3K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  BruceO 
#1 ·
So a friend needs some advise on what to do.
Married, one girl 15, two twins boys 10.
She's in charge of EVERYTHING.
They continue not to get along, he's stressed out so hits the bar everynight, spends $60 a day on booze.
6 months ago has a heart attack, they replace a valve, he's a new man.
Stress on the marriage and he's back to drinking again, he's gained 50 lbs in the last 6 months,
New Years Resolution, he's tired of drinking, he's tired of her in control of everything, he told her he's
taking his balls back outta her purse and is going to do all financials moving forward.
She tells him to fuck off, no he's not, so now the fight is on.
He figures he's pretty much fucks no matter what he does, looking for advise.
I couldn't help him because I was laughing too hard. I think he fucked up a very long time ago.

#8 ·
Dude 1)stop the drinking 2)Go to gym and get a six pak.Do a body transformation.You will look great feel great.Then reevaluate stuff.

#9 ·
He's thinking the same thing, just keep doing what he's doing but keep pulling the cash per day and hide it someplace so when she does file, he'll at least have a little something to get an apartment.
He figures divorce is going to be worse for him, so he's thinking about kissing ass for the next 10 years.

#18 ·
He's probably right; given his situation, he'll be taken to the cleaners. Maybe he should lay off the finances and get his life back in order. She'd be crazy to let him handle the finances considering he's spent at least 12 months (from your story) getting trashed at the bar every night.

Seriously, the finances are probably the only thing keeping his family together at this point...you know, the ability to pay for food, house, and bills. Why turn over that one stable part of the relationship to an unstable person who's acted irresponsibly for the last year? First, he should seek counselling for himself, and second, marriage counselling (that is, if he wants to save his marriage).

#13 ·
Women suck! Half the money, and all the pussy. Looks like she has 100% of both! I have a 12" wood chipper, and a lake across the street, maybe we can help? I divorced mine, and she changed her attitude almost immediately. Asked me to stay(I moved to the spare bedroom) and help her with keeping the house, and it's been the best 5 years of our relationship. Yep, never moved, and NOW my money is my money. I told her, if you want the house then YOU pay for it. Not saying I don't help, but she has way less CONTROL of me and what I do now! No kids involved though.
It's amazing how many people are going through divorce right now, really a sign of the times! I know of @ least 5 couples going through it right now.
Get out of the bar, and spend some time with your kids, dude!!! That may be a good start!

#15 ·
any property or money he can move to a family members name by 'selling' said property
or buying..'something' will save his butt some..
property has to be in his name only, for him to sell, if there is a title...Racecar for instance..
his life will be over financially as the Women own the court system in 90% of divorces..

Once a divorce starts ..her attorney will do a blanket search for anything in 'his' name..bank accounts..
safety deposit boxes..etc..
they are "very" efficeint in findings things in his name..

#21 ·
He mentioned marriage conceling a few years ago and she laughed at him. He mentioned it again last week and she told him to fuck off, then his daughter did too, poor guy is stressed to the max......but he caused the problems in my eyes.

#24 ·
Does she have a job or has he been supporting her? Thats the big deal (atleast in Mo) if she doesnt work then he will most likely be "supporting" her after the divorce.
If on the other hand, she has a decent paying job he will just be paying child support, and that usually depends on the income each of them have.
If he knocks down 100k and she doesnt work or makes 20k a year, tell him to suck it up, its gonna hurt either way, if those numbers are flipped, tell him to go file and be done with it. It sucks on the kids either way, they know whats going on at the house infront of them and thats no better or worse than the actual divorce IMO.
Good luck to him.

#28 ·
Reading all the advise and listening to him today, I think he needs to end it. She's driving him into the ground. He doesn't seem to have the strength inside to deal with her without getting all upset and hiding behind a bottle.

#29 ·
Get the most savage , cutthroat , tear their hearts out and kill their babies type lawyer that you can find. I DIDN'T...and I'm out a 60k settlement , a 110k in assumed debt , 600 a month child support (thats over now) and 2200 a month maintenance......all on an 80k disability retirement (but I did keep the house and all my toys)

#33 ·
Drinking will just add up to the problem. He should be stressed free at first. Exercise, sleep and then plan out things. If he is out of love then a divorce would be the answer. He can support the kids after. He should talk to his wife regarding properties and they should stay friends even if they are divorce. :)

#35 ·
Most people don't listen to advice. There so upset with the thought of being alone and in a panic they just don't listen. My advice is to be a good friend and don't get to involved with there bussiness. Some people are just drama magnets. Good luck

#37 ·
Yeah, now that I've listened to his problems, he keeps wanting to talk about it.....wants the attention I think. I just told him I'm not open ears anymore. If you hate her, then leave her. He said he's not going to file first, so I told him to shut up then, LOL

#39 ·
Dude needs to man up and quit blaming everybody else for his problems... He should go to the doctors and get his test level checked out cause it sounds like he is turning into a little bitch..

If you dont like what your life has become get off your lazy ass and do something about it... Stop cry'n to all your buddies cause they dont want to hear it and they cant change it for you.

#40 ·
First of all two sides to every story. Second if she is that much of a bitch she is already phucking someone else or several others. Third with kids you or he are screwed, she can do whatever she wants and you or he has to pay. So my advise is take the $60.00 a day and stash it where she and her lawyers can't find it. At least he will have something when she decides to pull the plug and ditch him for Johnny Stud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.